Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3D texturing in1082

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 14:28 Edited at: 15th Oct 2012 14:36
I have been playing a little with the 3D commands, and seem to have an issue with texturing. I load the texture using loadimage, create a plane, or a box, it doesn't make any difference. Then I use set object image. I only see a white plane or box still. The 3D demo works ok as far as I can see, but apart from creating the objects rather than loading I can't see why my little test doesn't work. Anyone else had problems texturing objects made from with AppGameKit? Most of my 3D objects from my DB days are .x and I have no easy way to get oobj at the min.

Edit - Here's the code I have been playing with.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 15:51
The command loadimage("light1.png",1) should be loadimage(1,"light1.png"), there are various versions of this command and the one currently being used is

int imageID = LoadImage( string filename, int blackToAlpha )
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
That got it working. Lol, so busy looking at the 3D commands, texture stage and shaders, I didn't notice that. Thanks, for that Paul, a fresh set of eyes always helps!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Another question as it is semi related, I have tried using transparencies on a few planes. However they show up as black atm with either a setting of 0 or 1 in the loadimage command. Am I missing something? Or is that only for sprites and not 3D objects/planes?

Also a question about FE. I have tried this code on FE but it fails on making the plane. It appears that command and a few others seem to be unhighlighted. Is this AppGameKit update further along than FE? I have yet to have much success using it so far.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 17:31
AGK is now ahead of FE in terms of 3D, I think FE only has the box primitive for now.

Transparency is not yet supported but will be soon.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, that is good then, at least it isn't a silly mistake this time!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:26:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:26:04