Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Help please with SignsIV and MagicFPS on Win7

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Everyone

I finally purchased a new computer. My creaking old Dell from 12 years ago has'nt been able to run FPSCreator for sometime now. I'm practically starting from scratch and having to reinstall old tools and relearn how to do everything. I appreciate any and all help as I'm sure I will have a ton of questions.

I have found my copies of MagicFPS and SignsIV. However, after installing them I find they will not function with Win7. Any suggestions? I tried running as administrator but that doesn't help. Both tools are awesome and still usable on my old PC so I'm not totally without access to them. I would like to migrate everything to my new computer though.

Is there a new or better tool that I can buy to replace them for segment making, sign making etc.? They sure made making assets for your games easy.

Again, thanks for any help!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 18:52
Is your Win 7 32 or 64 bit, and does your version of signs match? What error are you getting? Do you gave UAC enabled?

Brian.

!retupmoc eht ni deppart m'I !pleH

electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi xplosys

Thanks for your quick response. I'm running 64 bit. I think I have the newest Signs IV before Terry stopped selling. Don't know how to tell if the version matches. Should I enable UAC (not sure what that is) and if so how?

I'm not too computer savy although I have always been fascinated with computer games and how they work etc. The ease of use was the very reason FPSCreator had such appeal to me.

Thanks!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 19:36
Unless you have the 64 bit version of Signs, it's not going to run. If your old System was 32 bit then you don't have the right version. I'd have to do some looking around to see where it's available. As for MagicFPS....

User Access Control (UAC) is not the issue so don't worry about it.

Brian.

electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for trying. Terry's old email no longer works. Does anyone still keep in touch with him?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 21:40 Edited at: 16th Oct 2012 21:41
Send me the registration info for the version you have. I think I still have the means to verify it (I used to sell it for Terry) and get you the right version. Use the email below.

Brian

electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
I sent it out right now.

Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 04:36:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 04:36:28