Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / New example project files for VS2010

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2012 10:08
Hi everyone,

I installed AppGameKit 1076 today and thought I'd have a look at the VS2010 examples as a prelude to starting a little project of my own. I was disappointed to come across a huge number of compiler errors and didn't know where to go to start fixing them. I looked on the forums, but could only find lots of people having issues, with no real solution to any linking or compiler errors.

So, after much fighting and swearing I got a couple of the examples to compile and run. A tedious process, especially when you have to right click on an individual project and then open the "Final" output folder in Windows Explorer and run the .exe file independently (I've fixed that, see below).

I wanted to get all the examples working, both in Debug and Release configurations, and after much fighting with the project and solution files I think I've now done that.

So, for the benefit of the community (and possibly inclusion in the next major release), I've attached a replacement set of project files, and slightly modified solution file. These files should be extracted to this folder and overwrite what is already there (these should all be replacement files, no new files are included)
(x64 machines)
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK\Projects\Native\Windows_VS2010
(32bit machines)
C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\AGK\Projects\Native\Windows_VS2010

All projects output both Debug and Release versions of the .exe files to the "Final" folder (I think this is needed as this seems to be where the images kept). You can now also just select one of the examples and press F5 to launch it, without Visual Studio doing a complete rebuild of all projects (which seemed to happen before).

Please provide feedback on whether or not this works for you, or if you simply find it useful. I haven't tried this out with the 108 beta release, but it would be helpful if someone could give that a try too.

P.S. I've also included a minor bug fix for the "053 Particles - GasCloud" project (which is a pretty cool example of what AppGameKit can do), as it wasn't compiling out of the box.

Hope it helps someone,

Mark

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Doz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there Mark, your post disappeared from my other one, just wanted to say thanks for these, they work nicely.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:43:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:43:01