Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Project Sloth [X9]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 05:18 Edited at: 21st Oct 2012 05:19
You were the commander of the US Army's 58'th infantry group, scouting out the battlegrounds of WWIII, when the French hit you. Hard. You can't really remember it because you took a head injury. The last thing you remember is a bright light, a distant voice, and a terrible pain in the right side of your head. After that, you woke up in a cell, your head still aching, not able to move. You're not sure how much time passed like this, because there was no way to tell. The cell did not have a window, only a dim light. You drifted in and out of consciousness, and every time you woke up, there was a new plate of food on the floor. But one day, it was all different. You awoke to find that you could move, open the door, explore. Searching the massive complex you were in, you aim to find a way out. And nothing's going to stop you, be it bullets, knives, humans, beasts, or insanity.

Take the first step...

HP Pavilion 2000-412nr, 3 GB RAM, Windows 7 Premium
AmazingGaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 05:33
It seems interesting... but on the left there by the door i think you should put a light entity to show where the light is coming from, also make the light dynamic. It could help it look better. Also try lowering your ambient level to about 4 or maybe a little higher to make it feel more creepy and dark. Looks good so far keep it up!
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 20:09
An ambient of 8 or 10 would look best, since I replicated this scene. The story is very interesting, I hope your project comes out well. Are you just using stock media or will there be some other stuff? I'm not saying that it's bad, but I'm just wondering.

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
AmazingGaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 02:03
kool and currently were using stock media because we dont have anyone in our group who is amazing in making models and stuff even you know we all have milkshape were not that great lol but if we could we definitly would but we did make our own. we made a box lol
Cross Bones
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing, I think you're confused, and there is a light entity, it's just behind the ridge of the wall. I'll try turning down the dynamic light.

AmazingGaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 02:49
Yes i am confused lol
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Why did "Amazing Gaming" answer like he was part of the team? o.o

------
Cross Bones
Years of Service
User Offline
No clue. It's just me and my friend working on this, and my friend doesn't have an account and types with proper grammar. I turned the dynamic light real low, and it looks pretty good. I wan to make it look a bit grainy in the dark, any idea on how that'd work? At this point all I have is that cell, a cell room, and a doorway that leads to an empty screen, as well as a storyline, so I'm open to ideas. This weekend, if I'm not too bogged down with homework, I'll start designing more areas. At some point I want the character to experience exterior light, like through a crack in the window. My master plan is to have a day/night cycle with benefits and drawbacks to exploring in either time, but sunlight won't be a good thing. At some point the character is going to come out into the open, and since I want to make it day/night, how hard is it to make a sort of Minecraft style rotating skybox? This is my first game, I don't expect it to be great, but I want to try. If any of you'd like to help, I'd appreciate it and would possibly pay for it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:14:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:14:32