Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Where I have to put Dark Dynamix Lite subfolders content?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 00:38
Hello, I trying Dark Dynamix v1.11 Lite version.

I set all but when I try to run demos I get a error message:

Quote: "
Impossible to run the program cause PhysXLoaderCHECKED.dll is not present on computer
"

When I download Dark Dynamix, it was a zip file.
I extract the content on my "Dark Basic Professional Online" folder.
This extracted content is a folder called "Dark Dynamix v1.11_LITE"

with some sub-folders:
bin
DBPro
Examples
Media
Tools

I leave all these folders inside the "Dark Dynamix v1.11_LITE".
The only my move is to pick "DarkDynamix.ini" and "DarkDynamix_LITE.dll" from "Dark Dynamix v1.11_LITE/DBPro" and put these 2 files on :
Dark Basic Professional Online/Compiler/plugins-licensed

I don't want to continue to move dll or other files without know what I doing..

So, where I have to put the Dark Dynamix sub folders?
Thank you!

PS: I reinstall Physx software trying to solve.
Andrew_Neale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 11:21 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2012 11:23
You should have the DLLs listed below in the same folder as your DBPro project:

- cudart32_30_9.dll
- NxCharacter.dll
- NxCharacterCHECKED.dll
- PhysXCooking.dll
- PhysXCookingCHECKED.dll
- PhysXCore.dll
- PhysXDevice.dll
- PhysXLoader.dll
- PhysXLoaderCHECKED.dll

The LITE version may only have some of them I guess but basically you put those DLLs with your project so that if people using your application don't have PhysX installed on their systems, they can still run your application. That is my understanding anyway.

If you're still having problems once you've put them all in your application's directory then I'm sure someone will be able to help. Matty is normally pretty quick to respond to issues.

P.S. Also, the DarkDynamix.ini file should be put in the Editory\Keywords directory instead.

Previously TEH_CODERER.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 12:25 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2012 12:25
Thanks Andrew.
Following your advice now I get the following error when I try to run a Dark Dynamix demo program:

Quote: "
Could not find function 'dynUtilGetMeshCount' in 21arkDynamix_LITE.dll
"

So probably the demo trying to call the dynUtilGetMeshCount function in DarkDynamix_LITE dll but this dll is not present in the folder in where it must be..

I trying to put DarkDynamix_LITE.dll everywhere (plugins-user folder, plugins-licensed folder, main DBPro folder) but nothing
Andrew_Neale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 14:49
Well that sounds like it may actually be a bug in the LITE version of the DLL then. I would imagine that the LITE version would go in the plugins-user folder as it is not a licensed plugin. But to get that error DBPro must have recognised the DLL. I'm afraid this issue sounds like it needs some of Matty's input. I'm sure he'll be able to offer some advice on this.

Sorry I can't help more but as I'm using the full version it is hard for me to really investigate further.

Previously TEH_CODERER.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 15:42 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2012 15:46
Quote: "Well that sounds like it may actually be a bug in the LITE version of the DLL then. I would imagine that the LITE version would go in the plugins-user folder as it is not a licensed plugin. But to get that error DBPro must have recognised the DLL. I'm afraid this issue sounds like it needs some of Matty's input. I'm sure he'll be able to offer some advice on this.

Sorry I can't help more but as I'm using the full version it is hard for me to really investigate further.
"

Mate, I am really near to skip all that and to buy the full Dark Dynamix version!
But before I would to make you a question:
I trying to make a really BIG project. For big I mean there will be a lot of physic objects.

So, it's right If I tell that I will obtain more frames for second If I will to use Dark Dynamix instead Newton Wrapper? (considering the same game code using both physic engine)

In other discussion, rightly, you told that Dark Dynamix uses PhysX to build physic so most likely it is fastest than Newton Wrapper. But, you directly look this more speed?
Will be the final step to make the purchase of Dark Dynamix!

And about the the ease of use, is Dark Dynamix easy than Newton Wrapper?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 16:11
Hi Adluce

The LITE version does not have all of the commands, so trying to use certain commands will just throw the 'can't find function' error. That said, there is still lots you can do with the LITE version, there is a txt file in the download explaining roughly what is available.

I have been told by a user that this is faster than Newton but I can't confirm as I have never used it. I can confirm that it runs 2 to 3 times faster than sparkys collision since I did a direct comparison.

Andrew_Neale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 16:48 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2012 16:50
The first thing I did when I got Dark Dynamix was to directly replace Newton in my project with it. I had a physics test level in the project which was basically a large room with a stack of boxes in the middle and you could walk around shooting spheres at the boxes.

I don't have the exact numbers to hand but, when I switched to Dark Dynamix, I was able to almost double the number of boxes and add real time shadows to the scene and still have the same frame rate, if not a little higher, than with Newton. From what I've done with it so far, the more complicated your scene is, the larger the speed improvement over Newton.

[Edit]Slightly reworded for clarity.[/Edit]

Previously TEH_CODERER.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 17:15
@Matty H:
Hi, probably I got in troubles 'cause in the lite version are present some demos. I thought that since there were these Demos in the LITE zip file then these demos was about LITE version..
But as I told to Andrew, today I will make the purchase of full version!

@Andrew_Neale:
Wow from your words seems to be a BIG improve about performances!

Remain the point about the ease of use about these 2 physic engines but I think DarkDynamix can beat Newton in this topic too right?
Andrew_Neale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 17:57
On the ease of use point of view, I personally find Dark Dynamix simpler. Even if you can't run all the demos with the LITE version you could still take a look at the code to get an idea of how you use it. I'd say that if you were able to get things working in Newton you be fine with Dark Dynamix. And of course if you ever get stuck then you can post your questions here and someone will be able to help you out I'm sure.

Previously TEH_CODERER.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 18:20
Quote: "On the ease of use point of view, I personally find Dark Dynamix simpler. Even if you can't run all the demos with the LITE version you could still take a look at the code to get an idea of how you use it. I'd say that if you were able to get things working in Newton you be fine with Dark Dynamix. And of course if you ever get stuck then you can post your questions here and someone will be able to help you out I'm sure.
"

Thank you very much dude! your answers and help are really complete and useful!
Andrew_Neale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 18:39
No problem! I've been on these forums since about 2001 (ignore my joined date, this is a 2nd account) and back then I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. These forums have been an amazing help for me and a great community to be a part of and I'm more than happy to try and repay that as much as I can.

Physics are my favourite part of game development, so much fun to play around with, so I hope you get on well with Dark Dynamix.

Previously TEH_CODERER.
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 19:19
Yeah Dude I think this forum represents the real power of Internet.
I made and making a lot of project in many informatics areas and rarely I got such BIG help using a forum. I think this sure mean that here on DB Forum a lot of peoples has a lot of 1) patience! and 2)competence!
Despite my bad programming level, thx to Dark Basic software and with help of this forum I done a lot of programming practice and some good little programs

About Physic I aggree with you! Probably cause I am a total fan of simulations!

About DarkDynamix I just purchased it! I can't wait to get my download link!!

So lets continue to hold on with us projects!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:26:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:26:59