Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Level Loading (inApp Purchases?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2012 13:00
Hi, im trying to understand the best way of doing levels?

If i have a game that has 20+ levels which consist of different sprites, physic objects ETC im not so keen on hardcoding 20 levels in.

Also i would like to design it so inApp purchases can be made for more levels?

So whats the general rule of thumb with this? With ios am i ok to have a folder which has "level files" in there, which would a text file consisting of object types, positions ETC?

and then can inApp purchases be made to download more level files? Where are the inApp purchases files downloaded from? Apple server or own?

Thanks
Andy
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2012 08:37 Edited at: 24th Oct 2012 08:39
Well you can store the levels inside your app, but enable them only if the in app ID for the new levels is TRUE.
i never used the agk in app feature, but i used it in the past and worked nice.
Anyway you need to retrieve from the apple if the in app is bought by the user, and after this you can enable what you want.

levels are not file downloaded from anywhere. They are only a map that you enable when you want.
You must also enable end edit setting of in app on your itunes connect.

Long life to Steve!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:55:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:55:41