Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBA files won't run!!??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just got DBPro but when I ran an old db file it said 'could not find include file'.

Then I converted everything to dbpro and the damn thing just stopped when the loading bar reached the top?
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 12:06
Include files are handled differently now - very. They should be included via the IDE interface. More importantly though it's not wise to start off DBPro by trying to convert old DB code, there are just so many differences now - much better to work on something new to get used to it all. It might be a similar command set, but things have changed an awful lot under the hood.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 12:51
One thing removed which isnt in the docs anywhere is the bob stuffs , I agree with 'hmm' on some things tho. It would have been easier to keep the include command in the system rather than in the IDE (I see the error checker is still a bit miffed it highlights lines that dont contain errors saying error on line x when highlighting line y which is nowhere near it).

I wouldnt say its 100% compatible with DB I would say its more 75% ATM, converting SF2000 to it (which doesnt use any of the new stuff but runs fine on DB1.04) will not compile at all in DBPro even when I remove the offending command lines, I get errors for example:

if Keystate( keys(4) ) =1 then x=x+1

generates a incorrect number of brackets error, the keys(4) is an array for redefinable keys.

IMHO DBPro isnt ready for prime time it should have been tested more throughly for these sort of errors. Maybe Lee and Co should have opened DBDN to older coders who know DB inside and out.

EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2002 12:52
Oh this was tested with the new patch too

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:44:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:44:16