Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / DrawSprite has no alpha blending?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2012 11:38 Edited at: 24th Oct 2012 12:02
So, I don't know if it's just me, but I started putting together my application and, as my usual trick, I am drawing sprites directly instead of tracking tons of duplicate sprites.

However, I just ran it for the first time and my image looks totally opaque... even the portions that are suppose to be semitransparent. The only parts of the image that are transparent are where the image is fully transparent (Alpha = 0).

Is this a known issue? I did a quick search on the board and didn't see anything regarding DrawSprite, so thought I may as well bring it up just in case I'm doing something wrong.

My sprite image is attached, in case someone wants to test this out using the same media as I am.

[EDIT]
Just to be clear, the sprite itself looks fine, with alpha working properly. It's only when I use DrawSprite that it does the above.

[EDIT2]
Nevermind! It's amazing what the lack of an exit can do to your for loop.

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:51:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:51:23