Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Varius questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have some questions so I will post them here since I do not want the clutter the forums with 1 or 2 question per thread

I'm looking to makes games like Marvel vs capcom 3 and blazblue so what software and plugins do you recommend?

http://youtu.be/TVwnbDZRoAk

3d fighting games i will also like to do so what software from this site and out side so which softwares are recommended for stuff like this?

http://youtu.be/PulVGf8DjYo

Does dark basic pro supports THX or dolby digital 5.1 channels?

What about 3d graphics using same quality standards like in the movies?

PC Controller support for different command inputs?

PNG, pcx or jpeg image formats?

I have more for this list seem a little long so I wait and then I will continue asking questions.

Thanks for reading this!

Game not over!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2012 01:02
DarkBASIC Pro is a programming language and is able to create any kind of game you can think of. It does have some limitations though. This is not a bad thing of course, DarkBASIC is fantastic for the absolute beginner, so I highly recommend getting it if you want to learn how to program games.

Quote: "Does dark basic pro supports THX or dolby digital 5.1 channels?"

I've never tried it, but it should. There are commands for controlling 3D sounds, which means you will be able to hear the sound move around you when you move in the game. That might support 5.1, but don't take my word on that.

If you want to play audio files with 5.1 surround sound, you'll need to have audio files that support that many channels.

Quote: "What about 3d graphics using same quality standards like in the movies?"

DarkBASIC has some pretty nice graphics if you know what you're doing, but it can't match the standards of today's games. After all, it is just a language for beginners.

Here's an example of the graphics that can be achieved in DarkBASIC : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195169&b=8

Quote: "PC Controller support for different command inputs?"

All supported.

Quote: "PNG, pcx or jpeg image formats?"

There's a list somewhere. Formats that are supported for sure are:

.PNG
.JPG
.BMP
.TGA
.DDS

TheComet

"Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep." - Unknown
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2012 19:30
Those graphics are more than good enough for me! If a game has decent graphics and good game play fun to play that is a good game to me. I don't need out of this world fantastic graphics to think a game is good. As long as the graphics are decent, not cartoonish. I don't like that and don't play games like that.

Dragonslayer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:12:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:12:47