Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / My 3D Models - Heavy Beginner

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2012 04:17
Hello community, I didn't posted on the forums in a while ( only on our game thread few weeks ago ), but I didn't made any thread very long time. Yesterday I started to push up really hard at the modeling game props, also UV mapping them and texturing. I prepared for myself a lot of tutorials that I can learn from and currently I'm learning from Adam Crespi and his tutorials for making game props.
I was been always interested in game modeling, but didn't came up to it until yesterday and decided that i'm gonna go really hard on learning it.
My actual work is level designer and with some more modeling skills I will be able to create really nice portofolio and help my team with few models to quick the process.

So today and in forward days, i'm gonna upload models that i'm making.
The first one is Gas Pump, this is the first model and i'm pretty pleased with it. Only basic shape was modeled and all details were added from textures and normals.

In-maya picture :

In-game pictures ( UDK ) :

-In trouble you know a hero;
-If you don't start, you won't finish;
-Without suffering, there is no learning.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd love to see the diffuse, and the uvmap on the front-face pupmp seems a little too abrupt, try painting white on the other faces so it smoothes out.

------
Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 03:21
Thanks for suggestion James, i'm gonna to do that. Also, some more models are done. I will upload pictures later.

-In trouble you know a hero;
-If you don't start, you won't finish;
-Without suffering, there is no learning.
GrimAce
Years of Service
User Offline
cool it looks good

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:26:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:26:24