Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / AppStore - rejected with Invalid Launch Image

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 14:31
Hi all!

I uploaded to AppStore. Got rejected with Invalid Binary.

Error is "Invalid Launch Image - You app contains a launch image with a size modifier that is only supported for apps built with the iOS 6.0 SDK or later."

Why?

Life is our game, playing we live!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 15:18
What resolutions are your Default.png, Default-Portrait.png and Default-Landscape.png files (whichever ones you supplied)?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Commandor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 15:52 Edited at: 1st Nov 2012 16:23
I found the solution: need delete a file Default-568h@2x.png, because the file is only for new devices:

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#technotes/tn2294/_index.html

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 16:19
Thanks for the tip. I'm very close to starting the process of publishing my first game.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
As the note indicates, if you are using the latest version of Xcode and using iOS 6.0 as the base SDK, your app won't be rejected for including the Default-568h@2x.png file--that file is actually required to take advantage of the full screen on iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5G. You can still target older SDKs but must use 6.0 as the base when building the project with this file included.
Commandor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 20:35 Edited at: 1st Nov 2012 20:40
I use target - 4.3 and build with Xcode 4.4.1

to xCept:
Quote: "You can still target older SDKs but must use 6.0 as the base when building the project with this file included."

application will run on iOS 4.3?

from iOS Developer Library:
Quote: "This issue results from building your application with iOS SDK 5.1 and earlier and adding a Default-568h@2x.png image to it in order to support the 4-inch retina display. If you intend to support the 4-inch retina display, then you must build your application against the iOS 6.0 SDK. If you do not intend to build your application against iOS 6 SDK, then remove Default-568h@2x.png from your project."

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, in Xcode you build the project with the latest Base SDK (e.g., 6.0) but can still target older iOS such as 4.3 so that users who haven't yet upgraded can still install the app. As long as the Base SDK is set to 6.0 in the build properties it shouldn't be rejected for having the iPhone 5 splash image (as long as the other Default images are included as well).
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2012 15:58 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2012 15:59
Good. Those are the settings I use and I finished making the iTunesArtwork file (from which all the icon sizes derive) and made sure I had all the right splash screen sizes.

Now time to finish the levels.

Thank you again for all the good information. Good luck with your game submission.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:30:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:30:29