Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Particles showing up in Windows, not in Android

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2012 22:23 Edited at: 1st Nov 2012 22:38
Scratch this, I can't find the delete button for the forums but I figured it out >.> I forgot to set the sprite size, and that caused them to not show up.

--------------------------------
I was just curious if anyone else has run into a problem with particles not showing up in Android. I'm using the same class for explosions that I used on a Windows AppGameKit program, but they're not showing up. I've played with print statements to make sure the sections of code are being hit, and the game picks up a little lag when enough are created (I haven't set a timer so I was generating 60 a second when a sprite was in a specific location).

Here's my CPP file:

and my header

The section where the explosions are created in my template is here:

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2012 00:41
I only use Tier-1, but never happened to me.
Two questions:
1) where is the setParticlesImage() function call? You have got to assign an image to particles. Otherwise what should AppGameKit display?
2) if somewhere you loaded the image, check the case of the filename: PNG is different from png, asteroidImg is different from asteroidimg in term of filenames...
Android is it Linux, isn't it?
PaulTR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2012 01:06
Yup, I got it working. In Windows the size was automatically assigned, whereas in Android it for some reason wanted the size explicitly assigned. No biggy, just had to figure that out haha. AppGameKit has a lot of little quirks, but it's great for developing simple games within a couple days.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:48:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:48:13