Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] [TIER 1] Ice Hockey! (Wayne Gretzky Hockey for all you old amiga kids)

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2012 12:07
Yeah so I decided to try to replicate the classic WGH for Amiga 500 that I so much enjoyed a few decades ago.

It's a work in progress of course, only there's not so much progress because I'm focusing on other projects that would work on phones

Controls:
WASP on the keyboard to move players. N for shooting (hold for slapshot), M for passing (hold and aim with WASP for picking a team-mate). You can switch player with numerical 1-5 on the keyboard.

A bit left to go before a match can be played but it's quite enjoyable to just target practice on the goalie

Any questions you have as well as suggestions are welcome

Toby

My hovercraft is full of eels

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Perhaps a screenshot or 2 would help downloads, or even a video?

lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2012 16:50 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2012 16:51
That's a good point sir. Here's a screenie

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scab
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good so far. Brings back memories.

Movement could be faster though.
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 12:02 Edited at: 11th Nov 2012 12:05
Thanks!

Yes there is quite a bit of tweaking to be made on the movement still. Such as "quick stop and turn".

I was thinking of mixing in the classic Ice Hockey from Nintendo in the way that it had three different player types; one big slow strong, medium and thin quick and weak.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 01:53
How is this game coming along? I am also attempting a first hockey game for the blackberry playbook. Im pushing more for a game simular to blades of steel for nes...... so far what i have is looking smooth + good. What platforms are you planning on releasing for?

lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 09:57
It's not really moved since I posted it. I'm working on other things at the moment.

As for release I hadn't considered releasing it at all. But I feel windows would be the only alternative since I think it needs a big screen. In my view, you kind of need to see a lot of the ice all the time for a more "strategic" gameplay, and I think puck/players would be too small for a phone then. But who knows, maybe a little bit zoomed in wouldn't hurt and I would then add on-screen joystick.

Maybe having the game quite zoomed in but then when you hold the "pass" button the camera would pan to where you are aiming the pass, sound kinda nice.

I hope your project is going well, would love to see some screens if you have anything ready

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:48:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:48:44