Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Levels built up from Entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2012 14:39 Edited at: 10th Nov 2012 14:49
Hey guys, i have been doing some modular entities based in fps creators grid and i am planning in making my levels out of pure modular entities as if they were segments. Now, what i am worried about is if building a whole level like that wont make fps creator crash. Would ai have problems with them? Can i have a custom collision model for them instead of having fps creator generated collisions? I have attached a file with the entities in max so you can see why i cant use 100x100 segments and i need to manually place them with fps creator entity system as it was udk

Cheers,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2012 15:15
Your stuff look really nice.

You will be fine as long as you use floor segments. The characters will not be able to walk across the floor proper if you dont. Entites as walls and other stuff generally work fine. You may need to offset the wall a little if you can find that you can (the player) can walk up to a wall and go thru it a little.

All of our stuff for insomnia is coming are made like this.

So plan your level around the floors and you should not have to many issues. Also by using floor segments instead of entities you can restrict where the enemy can and cannot get to you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 12:40:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 12:40:47