Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 108 beta ,Failed to start DWMAPI.DLL

Author
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2012 16:48
The title says it all, When I compile 108 betas examples I get an error warning me I do not have DWMAPI.DLL.

Tried the hotfix, nothing. Tried some other fixes , nothing.

I assume this is because I am using XP instead of Windows 7, would just like this confirmed. just so I don't waste any more time with this error.

Then I'll just wait to see if 108 is patched to work with XP.

And if AppGameKit is heading for windows 7 only , it's back to PureBasic and PC programming, or Actionscript 3 and Flashdevelop IDE ( yes Flash is still alive and well) , or XNA or HTML5 or..., well you get the picture.

Not too fond of Corona, so doubt I'll be using it anytime soon.

But if AppGameKit is heading for the Windows 7 only arena, be nice to have a heads up, so what is it Lee and Paul? We XP players out in the cold or what?.

Be nice to know, not looking for a refund, was well worth the $100 or so I paid just to have fun with this baby. just wanna know whats going on for the future of AGK.

Peace Out!.

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2012 18:00
The Native Windows examples are NOT up to date with the v1083 (or v1076 for that matter). They will not compile.

At this point, you cannot compile Tier 2 in v108<anything>. There are issues with missing libraries.

Until they fix that problem, you should stick with v1076. Unless you are trying to use the 3D stuff. Then you're stuck with Tier 1 only.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2012 20:19
I am trying the 3D example - first person, and the video loader and player, and everything else in the example folder in AppGameKit 108, they all give me the same compiler error.

\" This Application has failed to start because dwmapi.dll was not found.\"

dwmapi.dll is a Window Manager API from Microsoft Corporation belonging to Microsoft® Windows® Vista dwmapi.dll is a system process that is needed for your PC to work properly. - from ProcessLibrary.com

And being windows 7 is just a vista cored OS with bug fixes and a prettier face lift I assume this to be the problem.

I installed AppGameKit 108 to my G drive , have two hard drives, so kept 107 on my main, and 108 on my other.

And no, this is not an old computer, it\'s a ...

Dell OptiPlex GX 620 running Dual 3.0 G, 2 Gs of ram, and a Nvidia 9500 GT video card with 1G of DDR2 Ram. and windows XP with all updates.

So I also assume that chasing the lastest greatest in 3D APIs and not looking to see if any of that is backwards compatible is the problem. But then again I\'m no DLL expert. and its just funny to me that 107 worked on XP, now 108 doesnt

And to anyone that thinks I stay with XP because I\'m old and set in my ways. No, I stay with XP because it works the best with all the software I have bought. and I have bought alot of stuff. And if you think for one second I\'m gonna wipe out my main hard drive just to install Windows 7 or god help us all, Windows 8 for one program to run properly, you are so wrong!

Sure I know some programs in the future wont run if I stay with XP, and when I get a 55 Ghz processor that is capable of running a PC emulator and XP ,so all my old stuff works, I might do it.

Till then, I just wanna know whats goin to happen with this language. If I should invest more time in AppGameKit, or move on. No biggie.

Since my first comp. the Atari 400 I first bought in 1980 from a friend who showed me Star Raiders and some funny cigarettes, and said he bought it for college but it was useless for that. and on which I wrote my first game in Action. I have \"moved on\" to various machines , OS\'s and languages.

( Still have the little bugger to play Star Raiders , Mr Do, other games, and to program in Action for the hell of it. Atari sure made fun! )

So in closing, all I want to know is will future AppGameKit be XP compatible? if not, guess its either pure Java and maybe the ANDengine for my Seki Droid Pad. or Corona, which I wont be happy with, but still works on XP, as do all my other languages.

Someday I might come around to Windows 7, which was created to plug giant holes in Vista, Oh and if 7 is so great, why the need for 8 all of a sudden?

Bill \"freakin\" Gates sure knows how to make some of you hop on the New OS bandwagon.

Oh and by the way, Windows 8 was created because Bill wants to created a Win 8 market place just like google play and the Apple store. You\'ll have to buy all your new software there. have fun with that!

peace out from Pennsylvania!, home of the first US computer.

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i don't know what progs run only on xp. all the software i use works fine on win7 and 8.

we are all developers here and we have to move on with times. if the client wants win8 software we either provide that or starve.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 00:09
@bjadams, there are a lot of people and corporations using Windows XP. There is a lot of software running on XP that probably will not run on Windows8. So it would be wise for TGC or to continue XP support, or declare that AppGameKit shall not support XP anymore. Personally I have too many applications on XP, and I do not feel the need to change platform at the moment. At the moment I feel good with 1.076, no 3D needed, but I will evaluate if and when to change my "platform"...but to evaluate we need information, and the only information we have is that TGC is working to make AppGameKit compatible with XP and, most important, with DirectX for graphic adapters not supporting OpenGL 2.0.
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 01:44
Yea, I tend to get overly dramatic when I'm hungover. ( much better now).
I have no problem with people upgrading to 7 or 8. I get it. you want the latest and greatest.

I just want to know if future versions of AppGameKit will support XP. the first 108 works find on my comp. its the lastest version. 108 version 3 that doesnt wanna run correctly.

And I was asking, in a round about, and long winded way, if that one (1083) will also be fixed to run on XP.

Oh and on a side note, just found a Basic (by the Creator of Atari Basic and a member of OSS from way back.) that runs on your Droid.

Called RFO Basic, pretty cool for playin around with, while playin with your Droid Device. Hope the guys at TGC dont mind me posting that here, if so, edit it out.

Oh and just watched Skyfall, the latest James bond movie, pretty cool also.
No programming involved, so just enjoy .

Peace out players!

and buy more bonds!

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 03:00
I fully intend to keep AppGameKit compatible with Windows XP. It looks like a compiler setting was missed in the creation of the AppGameKit installer that meant the interpreter produced this error on XP.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 04:31
Paul, it was mentioned in the main 108 thread that a Windows template was made to work. Is it possible to make sure that that template is included with the next release? I tried to make a working VS2010 project from v1083 and could not (same issue of unresolved externals). Thank you.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul can you send us your working template for Windows Interpreter so we can make a T2 template?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
can you still buy new licenses for Win Xp?
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 13:53
@bjadams: I do not understand your question? Why should we buy new licenses for XP if it is End of Sale? That does not means that XP will not be used anymore. I bought TI99/4A in 1983, and Texasoft Instruments, in the same year, ceased the production. I have continued using it and making programs till 1987, using third-party products that continued the support. OS/2 is out of production, but some people and big corporation continues using it (e.g Italian National railways). What about AmigaOS? Etc etc.
Would you pls explain the hidden message behind your cryptic statement?
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 14:21
Good to hear Paul, had me a wee bit worried., By the way' I have a little brother with the same name.

If you have a big brother named Ken ,then I have just one question. Are you finished with my drill yet? You borrowed it a week ago,jk

thanks for keepin us XP users in mind.

And Marco, I think Adams means future versions of AppGameKit too,

and TI 99A was cool, one of the few comps I never owned, still have my Amigas,an old Mac II, my Atari ST, though my brother Paul Killed it by accident (will be fixed, so no worries). and 3 different ATARI 8 BITS.

Damn I collect too much,

Anyhow, thanks again Paul, really good news

IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 15:57
Ok, now I think I understand Adams, Microsoft long ago stopped selling XP. Along with 3.11 , 3.11 for Workgroup, 95 , 98 and Vista. they dont like competing with themselves.

So the only way to get XP is to buy it from a retailer, if they still stock it, or download it on a torrent, Illegal, but people still do it. This is not advised.

And yes, had I to do my computer over again I would have made a double boot of windows 7 and XP,

And I tried the XP emulator that was out at the time I used my brother Carls windows 7 laptop here, Sucks!.

Still loads of people still use XP, my brother Carl, as an example went back to XP, and yes, he owns a copy of Windows 7, as do I.

As I stated before, I have loads of programs on my main drive, which would have to be wiped, and then I would have to install 7, then XP as a double boot.

Most of my programs only run properly on XP. On Windows 7 they either run slow, or not at all. And the thought of buying all new programs that will probably be broken again with Windows 8 does not thrill me
one bit.

You also have to understand, Microsoft doesnt always make a new OS because we need it, its because sales of their old one, like XP has slowed to a crawl, because most people owned it and had no need for a second copy.

in my Opinion, XP is the best OS microsoft ever came up with, it works, and after all, thats what we all want!

And its the same reason they dont make cars last longer than 10 years, why Arcades used to made games so hard you could usually only last 2 minutes ( quarters/minutes played= profit) , and why house hold light bulbs burn out after 1000 hours of use. Oh and why razors only last two days, least on my ruff assed face.

So in closing, sure, XP is out of date, not as pretty as windows 7, unless you add a windows 7 look alike theme like I did! and its showing its age, but its a damn good OS, and yes, Microsoft wants it to die, but I dont, least not yet.

Oh and my brother Paul, burnt my Atari ST out by putting a towel over it while he paused a game of Megalomania, the strategy game, so the computer didnt get dusty, he was drinkin at the time so i forgive him lol

peace...out....

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 17:04
@Irongiant,
Quote: "And its the same reason they dont make cars last longer than 10 years, why Arcades used to made games so hard you could usually only last 2 minutes ( quarters/minutes played= profit) , and why house hold light bulbs burn out after 1000 hours of use. Oh and why razors only last two days, least on my ruff assed face."

I put my signature on what you wrote! This is called consumerism!
This is no more sustainable, even in the USA (and the victory of Obama is a clear demonstration of that). The crisis is global, and even countries that seem "immunized" to the crisis, Germany above all, will experiment it soon (not my words, of course, by European Central Bank governor's).
BTW, I have never been (and voted) "communist", so my thought is not biased by some dogmatic Marxist approach.
So I do not want to be forced to buy another PC only because there are new and more appealing OS. For people that like fashion and trendy products, there is Apple. For sure I will shift to Windows8, but at the moment there are priorities for my money, called family, school, car, eating, savings for health, etc
If I could use the XP that I owns at the moment, the better.
Otherwise I will evaluate what to do next...if buy a new PC, with all my budget limitations, or to stay with AppGameKit 1.076 that works well on my current setup.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 19:48
XP will be supported for a few more years, and in many parts of the world probably for decades. I have many academic sites changing now to W7, but in Turkey or other places there may not be the money to do this - so running on XP remains important, I think.

After a long period every few years adapting a complex multi-user system to a new operating system release, I hate new versions. But I have to say that I think W7 is better than XP in a lot of ways.

Game developers should be familiar with the idea of a "moving target," and that's what it is. Ultrabook sales have been a total disaster and will almost certainly remain so. Windows 8 - described as a "train crash" by a notable commentator - well, who knows?.

We soldier on!

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Marco, there is no hidden message.

I am just wondering, since you guys are saying that many companies use XP... if they add a new pc, what do they do? Can they buy a new XP licence?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Jim, the ultrabook has no future, the way it is now.

it has a lot of sensors that make no sense, it's not a tablet that you can hold in your hands.

The price range is on the same lines of a macbook. The reason many people by a windows pc is that it's much cheaper than mac
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 20:32 Edited at: 11th Nov 2012 20:33
Even our school have started upgrading to windows 7...

And we still have some win 2000 computers left

That's kindof how I feel about the ultrabook to, it's a nice computer though
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Zoq it's nice cos it's free!

Given you had the cash, would you buy the UB or a Macbook?
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 20:54
Quote: "Zoq it's nice cos it's free!"

That's what I meant, it's a nice computer, but I wouldn't buy one.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 23:00
bj - Here's just one recent link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/9580669/Ultrabooks-flop-as-sales-predictions-are-cut-by-half.html

It seems to me that net-books (miniature events with tiny screens) are pretty much dead in the water. Sticking a few pointless sensors in and charging stupid money is really not the way forward!

The thing is - newer proper laptops don't weigh much more, and you don't need a microscope to see the screen. This autumn I did not take a netbook to Greece - I took a 17" quad-core Samsung laptop (ÂŁ380). I did not take the company iPad (joke device) or the company 10" Android tablet (also joke). Having a GPS on a Greek island would not have been much use. Being able to wave it around might have been fun in a bar at midnight, but otherwise totally pointless.

Can anybody tell what they think the point is????

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 23:18
I recently was able to see how a 7" Android tablet was very useful. I was helping someone who had a series of medical issues. The local county was sending nurses, occupational therapists and physical therapists to help and evaluate him. They all had Android devices that allowed them access to all the records associated with him. And they could enter all the information they needed. They even used the touch screen to get signatures needed at the end of each visit.

All this would also be doable with the kind of travel laptop I use (at least in theory). But the convenience in a small package was clearly evident. Every one of the people using the tablet also had to carry around a huge bag of other stuff relevant to their profession. And they all loved the simplicity of the tablet.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 23:58
AL - I totally see that. That's a focussed and important use. In that context, small and available is so much better. Presumably, no sensors or GPS were required????

IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 00:50
Ok, had to post this, check out this site...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57523380-75/windows-7-ups-lead-over-xp-as-top-os/

Windows 7 has just now, in October, passed up XP as the most used OS, at 44 percent compared to XP's 41

That shows you the staying power of XP, hell even Microsoft extended its support of XP till 2014.

And there are other articles telling of how Microsoft is trying to kill off XP but it cant seem to get the job done.

Oh and the only reason Windows 7 is used more than XP now, is every damn computer sold till just this year comes with it and the beyond 4G memory barrier, that Microsoft could have fixed in XP, had they wanted to, but they dont want too.

You cant sell upgrades, well you can, but they dont!

But Windows 7 is not bad at all, if I do upgrade, it will be with 7 not 8 ,and it sure is purtty,
Now Win 8..., no thanks, I'm not 5 years old, I use computers, not toys like a Fisher Price or Vtech comp for kids.

But long as AppGameKit is gonna support XP for a bit longer, I'm happy, most fun I've had programming in years is with AppGameKit,

Been learning Unity, but so damn complicated compared to AGKs coding which is the way I'd rather make games, for now!

Thanks TGC, for a great product and great support. now for Wii U development, lol, in time...

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 09:29
Quote: " the beyond 4G memory barrier, that Microsoft could have fixed in XP, had they wanted to, "

a) that's a limit for any OS using 32-bit pointers
b) there is a 64-bit XP edition which can use up to 128 gigabytes of physical memory

As AppGameKit is 32-bit only, having shed-loads of ram isn't going to help much!

MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 09:31
@bjadams:
of course, new corporate PCs DON'T COME with XP.
They come with Windows 7 installed, for Windows 8 I think there will be much time to wait in order to certify all corporate applications.
But most of existing PCs and laptop are XP based. My laptop dates back to 2009, and I do not think that it will be changed before 2014...unless it breaks.
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 15:59
DAMMIT JIM!, I'm a Doctor!, not a Binary bus traveler!

Oh XP 64..., the joke OS..., the one Microsoft created to make XP look bad so people would rush out and buy Vista for its 64 bit support.

Right up there with Windows ME and Vista and Atari 1200 XL OS, as in useless, non-working and just crap. and yes 32 bit programs will run on 64 bit systems. Me typing this Post is proof. XP 32 bit on a 64 bit system.

I did not mention it because, well its not worth mentioning. It never worked right, it was just XP on the surface, and yes, I believe Microsoft could have made a working 64 bit XP.

They never wanted it to work in my opinion. See its all about your stocks, if stocks rise, your company looks good, if they stay the same, then you look like a stale company and no one buys your stock,

Just look at Facebook as an example of stale stock Trading.

Microsoft needed Vista to be big and sell big, it didnt, hence Windows 7 was born and to this day Microsoft is still tryin to kill XP,

Google it, I'll wait, taps feet and eats a Twonkie, they're like Twinkies, just cheaper.

And as I said, 7 is cool, its not XP 2013, but its cool in its own right. and some day, when my hillbilly ass feels like backin up my 500G main drive, I'll probably upgrade to 7 with XP on double boot,

till then I'll continue to use XP 32 bit and chase racoons with my freon powered machine gun I built after reading a Popular Science Magazine Article , it only fires rubber BBs, so Peta ( animal protection) can relax, its a game me and those little bandits play jk,

and yes , I fully understand the binary bus system, being an Assembly Language programmer on both the Atari 8 bits and the Atari ST, I kinda had to know how they worked, more so on the ST than 8 bit.

128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1 = this is a byte, it goes up by the power of 2 as you move to the left position, it is really a representation of a transistor circuit, No power being a zero, a charge being a 1, this is how numbers are stored, just messing wif ya, lol

Freaking Jack Tramiel selling me an Atari ST without a blitter chip any ways?,
Who does he calculate he is? - Tron 1

Peace out AGKers

and Jim, you're wanted on the Bridge of the Enterprise, Spock said something about Uhura's boob fallin out of her uniform like Janet? could be Kirk worthy lol peace dude

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 17:13
Quote: "Presumably, no sensors or GPS were required????"

I didn't get to actually play with the app they were using. I could only look over their shoulders.

But, it very well could have been using GPS and the users wouldn't know it. If I wrote such an app, I'd have it geo-tag entries made while at client locations. This would be a way for an overseer to verify that they actually went to the site (assuming the device could see enough satellites).

Both of my Android tables come with GPS and accelerometers. In fact, when I was researching which tablet(s) to get for testing, almost all of them had both features. We used my Nexus 7 recently to navigate some local roads when we hit construction on our main path (I had downloaded the maps for the area before we traveled, just in case).

It's only Apple that makes you pay big bucks extra to get a GPS on their tablets.

Quote: "Tron 1"

A friend has a great story about watching Tron in a movie theatre way back when before DVDs. They were at the scene where they were looking across the world (mother board?) at the I/O tower and wondered how they were going to get there. Someone in the audience yelled "Take the bus!". You could tell the computer geeks because they all doubled over with laughter. Everyone else just looked at the laughing ones like they'd lost their minds. (This is one of my favorite computer geek stories.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 19:27
LOL, pretty funny lady. yea, aint no homeless guys riding in the back of our type of buses lol or is there??

Yea my Tron and Star Trek references betray the geek in me,

Think I'm the only country boy I know that likes Science Fiction Movies, listens to the Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, (yes I like nickelback!, so what lol,,) The Doors,the Beatles The Cranberries ect.. and hardly ever listens to Country Music.

Oh and Petes Dragon, for some reason I'm a sucker for green dragons with pink hair, thank god my gf likes it too, or might look weird me watchin it alone lol

When I start talking Computer tech, and workin on my inventions, ( flying tractors, be all the rage!!), some of my neighbors just pet their cows and walk away,

I'm the Philo Farnsworth (father of TV) of my time lol jk jk, damn RCA

and yes, I will wait another 25 years for another Tron Movie (Tron 3, Flynn's Revenge lol) , if I live that long lol

Ok, back to coding, these games dont write themselves, or do they??

JHA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 21:52 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2012 22:10
Okay, this went WAY off topic.

Is there a solution to the OP's question about the \" This Application has failed to start because dwmapi.dll was not found.\" error?

I am getting the same error on my work machine which does run Win XP. Do we just have to wait for the next release?

Maybe I missed the solution when reading through all of that.

BTW, I am using Tier 1.

Thanks
JHA

PS: I just tried it on my Win 7 Laptop and it works fine. It is just the compile option that doesn't work. It will run a previously compiled version though.
Leo Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 19:23
I am also using winXP SP3, tier 1 agk (beta v1086) and get the dwmapi.dll error when trying to compile any code (examples, code that worked on earlier versions).

For xmas I got a graphics card that would support openGL2.0+ but this hasn't fixed the issue (in fact the images of sprites act very stange - they change of their own accord, dont load the right textures/images, can be very blurry, but thats another problem...)

I have tried downloading the dwmapi.dll but that throws up an error about another dll not containing a specific command.

PLEASE HELP WITH A SOLUTION!!! (and not use win7/8 as i cant afford it and my pc is too old anyway). Thanks in advance

andromedapps.com
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 20:56 Edited at: 5th Jan 2013 20:57
Win XP SP3 user here. Beta6 fails to run because of this missing DLL!

Funny, I come back to AppGameKit every 3-4 weeks and every time I run into problems with it. Not a pleasant ride with it.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 23:56
dwmapi.dll only exists on Vista and later systems.

Constructing builds on Vista or 7 or later may inadvertently reference this as a delay-loaded DLL.

This should be raised as a critical issue in the Google reporting system. I suspect that only TGC can fix this, and they really do need to test on an XP machine.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 00:49
I've tested the attached on my XP virtual machine and didn't run into any issues, can you try it and let me know if it works?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Leo Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 07:29
@JimHawkins The program seems to work fine (just text in center of screen saying XP Test), but that is not the problem, compiling any project is the problem. with the dwmapi.dll error it stops compiling, meaning we can't compile or run anything on xp. ive downloaded updates for windows and my graphics card

andromedapps.com
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 14:34
If you take my example above, rename bugs.exe to Windows.exe and place it in AGK/IDE/Compiler/interpreters does it fix the problem?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 19:25
I can confirm the latest BETA build interpreter for T1 users does indeed delay load the DLL "Dwmapi.dll" which means it should run fine on Windows XP. Can I clarify if it's the compile process that fails on XP or the running of the resulting standalone EXE that fails on XP.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 22:35
Lee - I've got a virgin XP machine in the office now (must be the only virgin in Hull!) as a result of trying to update the reference Vista box to W8. W8 installed and will then only show a black (no error messages, no explanations - but thousands of others are experiencing this typical example of Microsnot's inability got get anything right most of the time) - so I'll check this out thoroughly and let you know.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 02:28
My brand new windows 8 laptop works with AppGameKit 108b6 fine. Yours could be a driver issue??

I live for video games! (And beers, and football, and cars!)
See what I live for here: [url]http:\\www.TeamDefiant.co.uk[/url]
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 16:40
We figured out it was the compiler that was missing a linker option meaning it wasn't compatible with XP, next beta should work.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 17:00
OK - I won't bother!

Leo Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 20:41
OK thankyou

andromedapps.com
Leo Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2013 20:02
Quote: "We figured out it was the compiler that was missing a linker option meaning it wasn't compatible with XP, next beta should work. "

When will the next beta be out?

Thanks

andromedapps.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 19:10:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 19:10:53