Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Playbook no longer supported after v1080

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playbook is no longer on the list of supported platforms on the website.... So i asked and it appeared that support as of v1080 will be dropped.

I regret this and hope support will be back again with the release of bb10...
RodeGO
Years of Service
User Offline
Uhhh. This is sad news. I love my playbook more than any other tablet and hope that it will be possible to make apps with AppGameKit for BB10
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
To bad. RIM has now another pitch in giving away Playbooks and Blackberries if you submit some games to them.

http://gizmodo.com/5959504/rims-offering-cash-and-gadgets-to-devs-who-port-games-to-blackberry
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2012 23:01 Edited at: 18th Nov 2012 23:44
Quote: "v1080 dropped"

it has not even made it that far actualy....
I think it has been dropped but the original release of AppGameKit does work for blackberry as well as bb10 confirmed!

BB10 devices are capable of running playbook apps!

So dont be bummed out.....show your support for playbook and stick with AGK's original release. If we get enough support here maby TGC will change there minds...

but for me i plan to keep putting out games for playbook and playbook only!

I have no plans on cross platforming my projects....im sticking with my awesome playbook as a development choice.

Afterall! what other portable system can actualy hook up to the tv for playing your games/apps on the big screen so quick and easily!

For anyone having trouble compiling your .bar app let me know and ill help ya out!

Team work shall hopefully revive the playbook store

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
NOOOOOOOOOO don't drop PB support

i have a gave all ready & done, I was just waiting for a new version of AppGameKit with ads support
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2012 02:44
Yeah i bet tgc is gunna wait and see what happens with bb10 devices to see if it makes or breaks rim.... Right now the stocks are looking good for rim and are steadily increasing wich means alot of investors are impressed with what the future is unfolding.

That and here in canada playbooks are selling out everywhere....its hard to get your hands on 1 at such a low price of 135$ after taxes for a 32 gig.

At that price i now own 5 of them within my household.

This is also the exact reason i have not dived into agk's new releases cause i wanted to make sure what i make is gunna work on my playbook.

I will be releasing a version of QmidiStudio over the weekend coming up! Its gunna be exciting as there is not much for raw music editors out there for the device.

I cant get over how long the dang battery lasts for!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
if they wait too long, then they loose the race!
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 20:27
AGK keeps on dropping platforms. It's losing it's main adventage over other engines.

Uh.

Follow me on twitter! @MotionStruct
Motion Struct blog
polomint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 20:14
I've been away from AppGameKit for months because I bought it and then realised that PB support was probably gonna get dropped.

Seems like I was right....

Blackberry App Development & ZX Spectrum Game Development.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2013 02:43 Edited at: 18th Feb 2013 02:44
1065 is still not bad for making games on playbook

My music app and hockey game are averaging 100$ a month wich is not bad at all! Its not featured or anything.

I highly suggest people start poping out 1$ pay games....or they are gunna miss out.

Im currently still using 1065 and am making a new game simular to Buzz Jr series for playstation...

and you bet! For playbook only as well as bb10. (this markets starting to heat up)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:47:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:47:44