Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / FYI: For those developing for playbook...

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 03:35
The accelerometer seems to be backwards on a landscape application.

It appears to be correct for the AGKplayer however when you compile it and send it over to your tablet for testing it looks like the x and y are backwards with these commands:

GetRawAccelX() = y
and
GetRawAccelY() =-x wich is double backwards

like i said it all seems to work well with the AGKPlayer on the tablet.....but when you go to compile it it changes values.

Also playbook support is only for the original release of agk as i found out..

I will be sending my first game to playbook this saterday wich is very exciting and i will post news about it in showcase if it gets accepted

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 10:28
Thanks for the information.

Make sure you check out the latest competition, if you submit 2 games you are entitled to another PlayBook.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 11:31
Quote: "Make sure you check out the latest competition, if you submit 2 games you are entitled to another PlayBook."

Do you have a link?

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 11:38
My bad...it's only for Blackberry 10...

Quote: "We want your BlackBerry 10 gaming apps. And we’re available to help you port and build them around the clock at the BlackBerry® Got Game Port-a-Thon. This virtual event will run for 36 hours and will help you get your apps up and running on the BlackBerry® 10 platform.

You’ll receive $100 USD for every approved gaming app you submit (up to a maximum of 20 apps per participant)
• Submit more than 2, less than 5 approved
gaming apps and you’ll also get a
BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet
• Be one of the first one hundred (100) participants to submit 5 or more and less than ten (10) gaming apps and you’ll also get a coveted BlackBerry® 10 Dev Alpha device*
• Be one of the first ten (10) participants to submit 10-20 apps and you’ll get a BlackBerry® 10 Dev Alpha device* + a paid trip to the 2013 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco!"

apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
BatVink the AppGameKit games built for PlayBook work for BB10. So if you have PlayBook games built all you need to do is resize the icon, and change the games resolution a bit. Then build the bar file the same way and youve got yourself a AppGameKit built BB10 game!
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 14:28
wow those are very nice incentives..... too bad 20 apps is alot of work....

2 is managable however.... i should look into the bb10 screen sizes.

apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
I plan to have 5 ready for tomorrow. Youll need at least 3 to get a PlayBook.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 16:34 Edited at: 15th Nov 2012 16:42
Could you link that competition, it would be awesome if I could enter... I almost got 2 apps that I can submit

Also, is 1065 the lates AppGameKit version compatible with BB?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 01:34 Edited at: 16th Nov 2012 01:40
ah...well 3 it is....oops!

my submition tonight hopefully is HungryAnt... i'll post some screenies soon...but am pushing myself to have this one finished for tonight. My gameplay is done and am now just updating my graphics to look better. Then i will push another new short game project this weekend as i should have some good free time.

Quote: "Also, is 1065 the lates AppGameKit version compatible with BB? "

correct.....the very original install only works...as tgc is more focused on android and apple devices.

but dont get bummed out! the original agk still packs a punch for game development....i must say im realy enjoying coding for the playbook....fyi screen res is 1024x600

the contest should be listed under blackberrys main page under development.

Dont wait till the last second to get the bbsdk installed and working with agk player as it took me 4 full days of messing around with missing paths to get it to work. Also you should sign up for a vender account soon too as it took me a month for some dang reason to get mine approved.

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 07:56
Quote: " Also you should sign up for a vender account soon too as it took me a month for some dang reason to get mine approved.
"
I thought the competition was today...
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive just submitted 5 games to BB10. 4 PlayBook ports and 1 new game. SO Im hoping to get one of those alpha dev devices. Since Im waiting for the UltraBook sensor update Im planning to port of my Ultrabook game tonight aswell.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 19:55:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 19:55:17