Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / SetMusicFileVolume is nonfunctional

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 06:52 Edited at: 15th Nov 2012 06:54
Although SetMusicSystemVolume sets the global volume of all music files, it appears that SetMusicFileVolume has no effect at all. Regardless if I use SetMusicFileVolume(i, 0) or SetMusicFileVolume(i, 100) the music files always play at their max volume in relation to the global volume. Is this command completely nonfunctional at this point?

The guide states: "Sets the volume on a per file basis, this volume level is combined with the music system volume to create the final volume. By default files are played at volume 100. The volume level should be between 0 and 100."

Which is a bit confusing in itself but the command should allow us to control individual volume of music files in relation to the global volume. This is especially useful to fade in one track while fading out another. Has anyone had success using this command?

To test, you can open up SantasBadElf in AppGameKit and edit main_menu.agc as such:

Although I set the file volume to 0, it still plays at full 100% as a result of the system volume. (Testing in Windows currently).

P.S., I just saw another unanswered thread in the Windows forum about this command not working. That is the only other reference I can find.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 11:09
Was just experimenting, and what I found was that firstly, you need to set the system volume and file volumes before you play the music. Secondly, what seemed to work well was setting the system volume to '10' and then this allowed you to control the volume at file level i.e. System volume 10 and file volume 100 play at max whereas system volume 10 and file volume 50 played at half (or there abouts)...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 15:26:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 15:26:04