Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How to define language

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there way to define current platform language using using Tier 1 (BASIC) ?

yeea
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 16:42
If you mean language as in English or French or German, etc., then the answer is not easily.

There are no commands that check for language preference on the device the Tier 1 app is running on.

And there are no commands for switching between languages.

You would need to implement such a system yourself and have the user select the language they want to use.

Having implemented a similar system on a PHP based website, it can be a royal pain.

You need to have a file of indexed text strings for each language you choose to support. Then you would need to read in the desired file into an array and use those values for all displayed text (unless it is in an image). If your displayed text is actually part of images, then you would need a set of images for all supported languages and load the correct images for the target language.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Sandidro
Years of Service
User Offline
OKS, I think that asking language at first app running is a good solving for this problem. I think that using text files is more flexible and hmm... cleverer. But there is another problem, I dont know languages
Ok, Thanks!

yeea
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 16:39
google has a very good translation site. It's what I used when working on a client's multi-language site.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 09:49:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 09:49:08