Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Placement editor bugs...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
AGK seems to be fine game making environment for Android and I have already got my test "games" build to apk's.. speed is fine and it developing is mostly fast and easy.

However utility called Placement editor seems to behaving very badly in some way, loading down scaled sprites wont work in editor and viewer.. I fixed the viewer (few numbers were read as ints but needed to read as floats -> val -> valfloat..) From reading forum bug is very old and known but nobody (editor programmer..) seems to care to fix it.. And other bug is that it actually crashed when I tried to load saved file back to editor.

Anyway, (offset)coordinate system is really confusing... that does not relate to anything, some clear logic about that would be welcome.
Point is that placement editor could work very good just if few little bugs and confusions fixed. I could do it myself but there is no source for editor
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 23:06
Make sure you are using the right android player.
I discovered the float bug on the android player and this whas a very long time ago.

It rounded floats wrong in to integers.

Offset is very clever as open gl uses 3d to create the 2d visuals.
You cant look at open gl 2d as the old standard 2d cordinate system.

There is alot of android players on the forum from friendly users !i have even compiled one for 1076 in my mode 7 thread.
The one at goggle play is extremely outdated.
Keep in mind that agk evolves constantly so the best method is to compile your own player after each release.

Wath version of agk are you using and is it tier 1 or tier 2?

If you are new to open gl so is it an hard road to travell in the beginning

But well worth it.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
Jogimus
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply, I'm using 1076 player which I found from this forum (that link contained also 108? player) I also compiled player that came with AppGameKit, but I assume it is a same 1076 version..
Tier1, I'm copying bytecode and media under "player" project and compile it to apk..

Opengl is no new to me, I was just pointing that coordinate system origin is weird, no relation to screen or map height/width, it is just somewhere, it would be nice to have it where I want it to be It is no huge issue, I can use some sprite in the map as placehorder for my own "origin". Or I'll make my own editor.

But still, placement editor has some "val" & crash bugs..
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 17:02
I have never used the placement editor
I know i read something about alot of bugs and problems for people using it?

I like to write my own editors

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 19:56:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 19:56:02