Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Very noob question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 12:36
when i download enities, i just cant figure out how to give them textures

because when i put the .dds files in the texturebank it doesnt works.

can someone help me with this?

-
Bradmadman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 17:42
Hi XDwannesXD. Entities and all their associated files (FPE, X and so on) are put into the same folder. You probably noticed that none of the files to do with the entities are separated when you opened the zip file. So, you just drop that folder into the entitybank folder and you should be good to go.

One word of warning however.... in the past I've noticed that some people who create entities do not make any folder for them. They zip up all the files into a folder called entitybank. If you encounter any of these in your downloads, you will want to make a new folder inside your entitybank folder, calling it whatever name you want to help identify the entities you downloaded; then drop those files into the folder you created; then drop that folder into the entitybank folder inside your fpscreator location. That way there will be more organization to your fpscreators files and less confusion when trying to locate a particular entity.

Hope this helped you out.

Anything is possible
XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 18:00
i actually solved the problem already, but thanks anyways

i just opened the .fpe file and edited the texture path

-
Bradmadman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 18:19
Yeah, that would work too. The entities of course default to the entitybank folder, so in the future just do as I mentioned above and you'll save yourself a lot of editing.

Anything is possible

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 12:34:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 12:34:08