Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] - CHOMP Testing Tool

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2012 23:10 Edited at: 19th Nov 2012 23:12
EDIT: I forgot to mention that this does utilize MatrixUtils, although you can probably do without if you tweak it a bit.

What is CHOMP?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chomp

It's a perfect information game that, unlike in Tic-Tac-Toe where a draw is inevitable, CHOMP always gives the victory to the first player, supposing you know what the optimum moves are.

This is something of an incomplete CHOMP simulator I designed after spending a brief few hours with the game. It was entertaining, and it taught me something about game design, so I recommend that if your inner child is alive and well, you read up on the wiki and get a friend to play you a few rounds. Or, if you'd like, build an AI and try to build a system that can beat you.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 06:18
I couldn't quite grasp the concept from the wiki article, but playing your snippet I picked right up on it.

"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!" ~Tick
Mr909
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, Wiki was NOT worded the best. Still, it's a neat little poset game.

My original (devious) plan was to learn to play to settle disputes. Since the first player should always win.

"Hey, how about this: You and I play three rounds of CHOMP. Winner gets to decide where we go to eat"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:48:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:48:04