Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Importing Models/Entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

So I just started using FPS Creator, and I've looked EVERYWHERE for an answer, but I have yet to find the solution to my problem.

Basically I made a tree model and I exported it as a .X file, but when I put the file in the entities folder I don't see it in the list on FPSC.

I should also mention that I rendered the texture file and saved it as a .tga file. So basically I have a .X file and .tga sitting there but it won't open in FPSC.

Are there other steps I'm supposed to take in order to get it to open in FPSC?
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 07:46 Edited at: 20th Nov 2012 07:47
you have no .fpi file nor an icon. Lets start with the easy one first.
create a picture of your model with a white background. It must be 64x64 pixels. I usually start with a large screenshot and resize it down. Save it as a .bmp and name it the name of the object.

Next look for a similar object that behaves like your model and copy its .fpe file. Open that file with a text editor.You will notice the most important thngs are these.

desc = This is the name of the object
model = This is the name of the .x file
textured = This is the name of the .tga for your model

Name the .fpe the same as your bject.
Name the .bmp the same as the .fpe
A good idea is to learn the structure of the .fpe file. It will lead to a deeper understanding of how FPSC works.
With the .bmp icon, the.x model, the .tga texture and the .fpe control file you will have what it takes to get an object into FPSC
I hope that helped.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 08:32:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 08:32:17