Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, another noob question here.

My last question was about getting my model into FPSC. This time, I got it in, but it's REALLY small. I opened it in Entity Workshop to resize it, but I found something interesting and aggravating.

In Entity Workshop it asks you to manually locate the FPSC entity folder. That's all taken care of. But then I noticed there are 2 different ways to open an entity. 1: "Import Entity Template", and 2: FPSC Entity Import".

So, when I open the entity template, the model seems to be a decent size, but when I open the FPSC entity model, it's REALLY small.

So I guess my main question is, how do I resize an object in FPSC? Is there really no way to resize something in FPSC itself? And lastly, WHY is the FPSC ready model so small?

P.S: To save space and time and for the sake of not having to create a whole new thread, can someone PLEASE explain how to make a player spawn? I noticed if you place a building or room down it automatically spawns you inside, but that just doesn't seem right, ESPECIALLY if you don't want to spawn inside or if you have multiple buildings.

I do apologize, but I am CONSTANTLY roaming these forums and harassing Google search engine in hopes for these answers, but to no prevail. =(
XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 07:16
go to your .fpe file and change:

Scale to a higher number

-
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 10:50
Elixir
What program did you make the model in?
If you let me know I may be able to help further.
I ask because its better to have the scale of your model correct in that rather than relying on changing the scale in the FPE scale option.
Regarding your other issue:
Use the 'Player Marker' (Green) from the 'Markers' section in FPSC.
Your Player will appear at the location of this Marker but there must be a segment floor beneath the Marker.
(This is in the FPSC Manual)
Elixir
Years of Service
User Offline
Ross,

I'm actually using a small little program called Tree[d] to make the trees to save time.

It's actually pretty handy.

XCwannesXD,

I opened my .fpe with notepad and there is no "Scale"
This is what came up:

;header

desc = Tree 1

;ai
aiinit = appear1.fpi
aimain = default.fpi
aidestroy = disappear1.fpi

;spawn
spawnmax = 0
spawndelay = 0
spawnqty = 0

;orientation

model = entitybank\Custom Trees\Tree 1.X
offx = 0
offy = 0
offz = 0
rotx = 0
roty = 0
rotz = 0
defaultstatic = 1
materialindex = 3

;visualinfo

textured = texturebank\Custom Trees\Tree 1.tga
effect = effectbank\bumpent\bumpent.fx
castshadow = 0
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 01:27 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2012 01:29
Elixir

Here is the layout for a FPE file with 'scale' included:

I have added your models details to the FPE layout.
I have changed the 'materialindex' value to '4' because this is for 'wood' (3 is 'metal').

I have noticed that you do not have '_D2' at the end of the name for your texture file which you will need if you want to use any shader maps. I advise you 'delete' the effect details (bumpent)from the effct line if you do not have extra shader texture maps.

The 'scale' value is set to '100' as default so if the model is too small then raise this value to a higher ammount to increase the scale.
Don't forget to delete any '.BIN and .DBO' files generated by FPSC before testing the model with any new changes made.
Elixir
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow Ross, thank you for all this. I would have never figured that out lol. I guess I should take a better look at the manual before asking most of these questions, but starting out fresh, the manual kind of confuses me more than just figuring it out lol.

One last question, when you say add the "_D2" to my texture name, does that mean add it to the .X file, the .BMP, or the .FPE file? My guess is the .BMP?
Elixir
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay new problem. After doing everything you said, The texture seems to be working (half way). Some of the leaf texture are working, but it seems the tree itself is actually made up of really tiny pictures of my tree. To me it looks like it's texturing it with the 64x64 .bmp file but a bunch of them. Any idea why that it?

Oh and when you said to add the _D2, I tried adding it to the .tga file (which I completely forgot existed), then I tried the .bmp. I'm assuming I add it to the .tga right?
Elixir
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a picture of the .bmp texture. This is also what the .tga texture looks like. I on't know if it's supposed to look smeared like that, but that's a straight render from tree[d] itself.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 11:22
Elixir

On reflection I think that you should put all your files for the model in a 'single' folder (with name) which should be put in 'entitybank'.
FILES WHICH SHOULD BE IN FOLDER:
FPE File
Icon (.BMP)
Texture File (.TGA)
Mesh File (.x)

USE THIS FPE SAMPLE BELOW:

NOTE - I have added the '_D2' to the 'Texture' file to show you where it is supposed to be if you want to use shader effects and maps but if you do not have extra texture maps (normal,diffuse,specular ect) then use the FPE sample below:

I must say that I do not know about this 'Tree (d)' program or how it works with models and exporting so I can not be sure exactly where the problem is or the way it UV maps the models.
Q - Are you sure there is only supposed to be '1' texture file (.TGA' for the tree model?
I ask because it sounds like the model isn't UV mapped properly.

You could also try changing the 'transparancy' value to '2' which might help with the leaves showing up.

If you still have no luck then you could 'zip' and post 'all' the files you have here and I will take a look at them to see whats going on.
Elixir
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the archive with all 4 files in it. I honestly think the problem lies with how the texture pictures look in general. But I could be wrong.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 19:45 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2012 21:41
Took a look at this app.

The textures are not exported along with the model.Even the lowest settings tend to produce pretty high poly trees for FPSC, but it may be fine if only using a few.

There are three textures for each tree which can be found in the apps texture folder. You will need to copy these over to FPSC folder which contains your model. The entity .fpe texture field should be left blank when using multiple textures and this requires that the entity is dynamic.

No shaders should be used on these and will likely need to be scripted for no collision or you will find problems with leaves collision.

If you have any modeling savvy you could combine the textures into one map and re uvmap the model and make them static entity's. I wouldn't touch it as all parts (leaves, trunk and branches) are exported as separate components making it really difficult to select these parts.

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 01:56 Edited at: 24th Nov 2012 02:00
Elixir

Sorry for the delay (been busy) but I took a look at the files you supplied and do 'not' understand why the main 'texture' file is the same as the 'Icon' file which is why you are having texture issues.

I would agree on what 'Rolfy' has said above Plus have you checked out 'Tree Magik' which can be found on TGC main web page?
This program does the same thing but much better and has more or less the same user interface and functions\capabilities. It still produces models with 'maybe' too many polys but is much more reliable than the program you are using.
Not sure if there is a 'Demo' version though.

Link to Tree Magik:
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2087

I'm afraid thats all I can do from now to help.

Good Luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 13:23:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 13:23:47