Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Running .apg file in the emulator for mac

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 21:58 Edited at: 25th Nov 2012 06:22
I have a built .apg file I want to test in the emulator. I am following the tutorial below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpLEMbyFYco
I converted the code it says to my own instance.

But its not working. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? I just want to test the .apg on emulator, but I just cannot get it on it!

Perhaps you can run an .apk file from eclipse and then run that in the editor, but Im not sure if that can be done.

Tried everything here, cant get a compiled apk working in the emulator, that thing is a piece of complete garbage. Trying something called bluestacks but wont instal due to needing more memory, what a load of fuss over nothing.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2012 17:58
This is a known issue that has sort of fallen by the wayside. The Eclipse emulator just doesn't work with AppGameKit (we don't know if it works with anything else either).

If you want to test .apk files, you need an Android device.

I have no idea about .apg files for Mac. I had not heard of them before.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2012 20:13
I dont think it works with phonegap apps either, its so clunky using the emulator, why they cant have a GUI for testing, Im keying in allsorts trying to make it work with any .apk files.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2012 21:06
I've not tried to use Eclipse on my Mac.

But I suspect it has the same Android (.apk) emulator issues.

I don't know if the issue is with how AppGameKit gets set up or something more basic with Eclipse.

I just test .apk files directly on a couple of Android devices. (It kills me that they've doubled the storage in the $199 version of the Nexus 7, after I spent the same amount for an 8GB version.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:48:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:48:58