Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a list of all the settings that can be set through the 'setup.agc' file somewhere? I've been searching the boards, the help files and the web site and haven't turned up anything.

-Grim
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2012 05:42
I think the total list of settings are on the setup.agc already... if there are more, then I do not know of any, but I have never heard of there being more.

sov the game creator!
Grim Gary
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, so just the four. I wasn't sure, as the help files just gloss over it and the options in the example.

So I guess what I was looking for was a way to maximize a window without needing the user to do it (if the app is running in windows). Almost coming to the conclusion based on my searches that there is no such command or method.

-Grim
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2012 08:09
Quote: "So I guess what I was looking for was a way to maximize a window without needing the user to do it"

If you're talking about just on start up there is a way to do it.

In the setup.agc set width to GetDeviceWidth() and set height to GetDeviceHeight(). The window will fill the screen. Note: I've only tried this for v1076 on windows 7.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2012 10:13 Edited at: 26th Nov 2012 10:14
Hodgey, I didn't realise you could use code in the setup file. I thought it had to be hard coded... you learn something new every day!

I guess that's why you have the AppGameKit Master badge

Edit: Oh, I have it too

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2012 10:39
I actually can't take credit for that one. My team member Darkvee came up with that. I'm also not entirely sure why it works because you can change it after compile time. Maybe the player quickly compiles (or interprets) the setup file upon each launch instead of just plucking out the numbers. Next time you talk to Lee or Paul, ask them because I'm curious as to why it works.

Quote: "Edit: Oh, I have it too"

You've got so many badges you can't remember which ones you have.

AgentSam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 22:55
Quote: "I'm also not entirely sure why it works because you can change it after compile time. Maybe the player quickly compiles (or interprets) the setup file upon each launch instead of just plucking out the numbers. Next time you talk to Lee or Paul, ask them because I'm curious as to why it works. "

Bump...

I am curious to know the answer to this one aswell.
It would be nice if Lee or Paul could comment on this,
since they're propably the only ones who know the answer.

- AgentSam
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 23:37
The setup.agc file is read at runtime, but using GetDeviceWidth in there shouldn't work since it just reads an int, which will probably be interpreted as 0.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 23:37
Yes, the Player reads the setup.agc file fresh each time. It is not compiled into the .byc file.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 08:08:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 08:08:52