Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Exe's won't "load" on friends' computers.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there, well just to test if I could get a program in DarkBasic Pro free and I created this simple program:

and sent it via skype to a friend. They then reported that it wouldn't load and the computer responded with something along the lines of

"This program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

and

"Failed to load DLL (2: DBProBasic3DDebug.dll)"

she is running windows 7
i assume her direct x is up to date

I've also never been able to get exe's to work on my friends' computer before this. Have I just always been doing something wrong? To create the exe's I compile and run it on my computer, it works fine. Then i send them the exe that was just created from the directory. Especially in this program there are no external files that are referenced so I have no clue what could be wrong. I'd really like to be able to send my friends things i create in dark basic. Thanks in advance for any help.

yo
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 11:01
your friend needs to install DirectX9.0c. One way of installing that is by instaling direct x 9 sdk

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:40:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:40:03