Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Anyone have a list of dll's that Darkbasic uses in windows?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I need to know what dll's Darkbasic uses so a buddy of mine can run my programs on his Linux machine. He uses the WINdows Executive layer to run windows programs. The program I created uses blitwerks terrain so that may be a clue to what he needs.

Thanks

Home is where my souped-up computer is...
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 13:00
DX9.0c...

Darkhog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 21:00
What about, I don't know, INTERNAL DBPro DLLs, like Blitzwerks, etc.? You know, those who stores plugin code for DBPro?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 21:59
We need to know more about your development environment...

Which DBPro version are you using... Which IDE... Which version of the plugin and whether it is the free one or paid... (as they may differ)

Which IDE you are using... (the interface in which you code with DBPro... Default or third party such as indigo...)

And how you have packaged your end product... Are you using EXE or MEDIA or INSTALLER... Are you including all objects... Did you copy all files as they are required? Is your development environment set up correctly?

Lots of questions... Hope that is ok with you... There are more... Of course

JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
I am using the Indigo IDE, I am using the free version of DBPro. And the program is just a stand-alone EXE with the textures used in the same folder directory. I made this program in windows 7, 64bit. I have the latest upadates for DBPro and (free) Blitzwerks plug-in.

I hope this narrows things down...

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 10:35
here's a program you can use to load your dbpro exe and see which plugins are used

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 17:03
Awesome Brendy! Will check it tonight, will be handy for me too

JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
my buddy is still missing the plug-in he needs for his Linux WINE windows layer. What are the usual culprits? I sent him the blitzwerks dll, the matrix1 utility dll's and he has the dx9c as well as the Microsoft C++ Runtime dll files.

He was able to run a earlier version of a DBPro program I had sent him, but now he cant run the current versions.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2013 03:33
It's been a while for this thread, but this is a very handy tool:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Most of the DarkBASIC DLLs (anything you put in the DB "compiler" folder) are compiled into the EXE and don't need to be redistributed. You're probably missing Windows or DirectX DLLs.

http://brianmacintosh.com
"'Who's that primitive entity accessing sliding collision data from my bridge?!', the troll roared." - TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:37:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:37:50