Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [EXAMPLE] Lemmings/worms destructable environment with physics.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2012 15:02 Edited at: 30th Nov 2012 15:06
I was playing around with a tiled world with physics enabled.

Now this is not really something a phone would handle, and sometimes barely my PC with the avalanche() function turned on, but it's good fun and maybe it can give some ideas. Until we get the ability to check images pixel by pixel.

The tiles are set to 5x5 pixels, even at 4x4 it gets too heavy to run on my poor laptop so forget pixel perfect. However there is lots of optimizing to do, for instance every tile doesn't need physics enabled just the outer layer, which would be easy to fix.

So check it out and if anyone wants it I'll mail the source, who knows.

Drop bombs with a click on the mouse, also try placing them under ground for more effect

My hovercraft is full of eels

Attachments

Login to view attachments
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
I had a little play of it and its a great starting point. One thing with your physics is that the collapsing ground look unrealistic as it seems to just fall straight down in columns.
lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2012 23:33
Yes that is exactly what it does hehe. It's a very simple thing that just plots the ground in a random way and collapsing is just every tile checking if it has a tile underneath it, for now.

There are many ways to expand on this and if the "check pixel in image" doesn't come up on a roadmap soon I might continue optimizing this.

For now the code is free for anyone who wants to have a go

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 04:16
That is impressive!

I would work on optimising this asap...

It falls both sideways and vertically for me...

lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 08:43
Thanks If I can think of a nice game to use it with I will get on it ASAP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:21:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:21:06