Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Skybox Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 02:33
Hi, I recently made a skybox, called it Cty, saved the angles as the same naming convention they are in every other folder, and copied rolfy's Cit.x model to rename Cty.x to be my model. This didn't work, and the sky that loaded was all white. what did I do wrong?

imageflock.com/img/1352257476.gif[/img]
Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 03:05 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2012 03:06
Hmm... hard to say what might have gone wrong, but these are a few things I always do.

1. Saving the skybox images as .dds files (there's a GIMP plugin out there to help with that).

2. Make sure all the image layers are merged when you save the image. For example, if you have a white layer that is hidden but still there, then when you make the image, the layer will show up. I'm not sure what causes this issue, but I think it has to do with how DDS files are rendered or something. Delete any unneeded layers and merge the rest top to bottom.

3. In the X file for the skybox, keep the filesname with the .tga ending, I know it doesn't make sense with the files actually being .dds, but I've done this with like 3 skyboxes and not had any issues.

Hope that helps!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 03:37
ok I got it to display by putting it on a stock skybox, but now it's not seamless, ngt_f is the front, right? (for natural/ngt)

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Open the .x file in notepad you will find a row of file names for your .dds images, xxx_U.dds or whatever, name these according to whatever your images are so the .x model can find them.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 03:44
actually the F and B were switched, I fixed it, thank you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 06:36:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 06:36:03