Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Looking for stats equations for my app I am making for a graduate class

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2012 19:36
I am making a stats app that plots, calculates probabilities, and errors. This is for one of my classes that involve calculating these values. The equations I have so far include probabilities, sigma, variance, variation, and mean. The other side of the app calculates probabilities from color indexing. And yes, this app is for a graduate class I am taking.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2012 20:02
You could throw standard deviation in there quite easily (sqrt variance). Here are a few things I can think of:
-distribution in there such as binomial distribution ( X ~ B(10,0.5) ) and normal distribution ( Y ~ N(0,1) )?
-permutations and combinations
-binomial coefficients

Statistics:
-median
-quartiles
-Interquartile Range

For plots:
-correlation coefficient
-least squares regression line

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2012 05:08 Edited at: 7th Dec 2012 05:09
Sorry no offense here but are we talking graduate of highschool?

Graduate of a 4 year college? Or what level are you at?

Also is your major programming or something statistic oriented?

Reason I'm asking is you haven't prefaced your question with what your strengths and weaknesses or what your skill level in each area are.

Also if its your graduate class should you not be attempting to originate some of this yourself?

AKA Please show your work that you've done so far? What are you stuck on ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 17:53:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 17:53:00