Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2012 10:10 Edited at: 24th Dec 2012 01:17
I have not posted to the forums for awhile now since the start of the fall semester. I just finished, so now I'm finally able to work on some of my games again.

I was also able to get a android tablet (nexus 7) in order to test my game apps out.

Going back to the point I decided to revisit one of my older games and revise it because I believe it to have some potential.

Some of you may have seen or remember it from one of my older post. Its called cloud9 and basically the main point of the game (for now) is to navigate through falling objects and collect as many water droplets as possible with your character (a cloud). Simple but difficult in a way.

Here are some screens:

(Click to enlarge)

I have fully revisited the controls and optimized them for touch screen. Although I'm crossed between two forms of input that I can choose between. One in which the players sprite is pulled to the touch spot or vice versa were the players sprite is pushed away from the touch spot. If anyone has some thoughts please do tell.

I have included the .apk files of the two different versions. The first cloud9.apk uses the pull method and cloud9_2.apk uses the push method.

FYI: Dont bother reading the instructions because they need to be updated, also there are some small glitches in the game so don't worry about them.

CONTROLS: Everything is touch based so its all pretty basic, to play the actually game just touch the screen to move the cloud (either push or pull depending on the one you are playing) around and collect the water droplets with out hitting the spikes or enemies (falling spike balls). The balloons will push you around so be careful . The bets method in my opinion is to touch as little as possible in order to control the cloud efficiently.

ANY and ALL feedback/advice/thoughts are EXTREMELY welcome and appreciated. Please make sure to mention you device (tablet or phone), android version, and how the game worked out for you.

Thanks.

//simpleprogram

Programming and video games, what else could you need?
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 01:14 Edited at: 24th Dec 2012 01:18
Well no one really replied the first time around but that wont keep me from working on the game.

Anyway here is a little update since that last time I posted if anyone cares (I must be kidding myself because this is the internet and no one cares... XP )

New screen:

So there's is obviously a bunch on new things added.
Most of which being new game play features, graphics, and BGM/SFX.
All of it is touch based controls so anyone can figure it out pretty fast. On that note don't go to the instructions because they are outdated.

FYI: Don't use the purchase option because it will just crash the app.

Really if anyone has any thoughts/opinions or even some criticism is is truly welcome and heavily appreciated. So please make sure to reply if you can

And of course the newest game files are attached in this post; you can also get them here. Both a windows version and android build are included.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2012 10:01
It seems like a nice game with some potential. And I like the idea of pushing the "player" away instead of draging it...
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 05:14
Well thanks,

I was always told that it was better to push not pull,so that is what I went with.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:14:21
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:14:21