Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Where are files put with installed apk?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2012 13:02 Edited at: 8th Dec 2012 15:26
Hello, I have been having some problems with reading a local high score into an app I have been working on. I made an apk, not realizing I had put in too much data for one field. This caused the score to get shuffled about and hence not correct. I soon sorted that out, but seem to have an issue with the apk. I have removed the program, deleted the old apk. Created a new apk from the working program, reinstalled and presto the mangled score shows up! If I compile and run it works fine.
I have looked but cannot seem to see anywhere that the app installs to so far. I am sure it is somehow leaving the old highscore file in place even when I uninstall the game.
I think this was caused by me uninstalling the game by mistake rather than forcing it to close in the app manager. I don't know about you, but I find that holding your finger at the top of the screen is fairly bad at actually responding and quitting the app. I normally hit home and go to the task manager to close until I have coded some exit option in.

Edit - Fixed it. I just made another apk forcing the game to rebuild the default score. Odd one that though, leaving the file even when the game is removed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 16:01:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 16:01:05