Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 07:22
CREATED WITH FPS CREATOR V 1.18
COMES 5150 A GAME THAT WAS BANNED FROM INDIE GAME COMPETITIONS FOR BEING TO VIOLENT

this game will include the hit single abrupt legacy from the one man metal band common dead
and it will include the debut single of soon to be deathcore artist j.death
the gameplay is standard fps w.a.s.d controls
with a not so standard story
instead of having a team of secret agents fighing of fake looking zombies
you are a normal man trapt in a mental prison
if you are disgusted with the way horror games are today
you will love 5150

buy it march 2013
download the demo today
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8dt760iNSu-ZFlQemU3NU5uVW8/edit[img]null[/img][img]null[/img]

The bloodier the better

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Psycho Gamez
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 22:02
AS YOU CAN SEE BY THE SCREENSHOTS
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=2416696
THIS 5150 HAS POTENTIAL TO BE ON THE
E.S.R.B MOST HATED LIST ALONG WITH MORTAL KOMBAT GTA AND MANHUNT
5150 HITS ONLINE STORES MARCH OF 2013

The bloodier the better
ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 22:14
Downloading demo. I'll check it out.

~Nic
GLaDOS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 22:18
Nice Picture! I Can see alot from the game! Keep it up

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 00:36
I'd suggest you take a look at this http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170978&b=21&msg=2025580#m2025580
Its the standard to all showcase and WIP threads. You should alter your post a bit, otherwise a MOD will close it down. Downloading your game now!

Don't as what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - Winston Churchill
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 01:03
I've played it. Here is my opinion:

It felt a bit.. Noobish. Sorry to say it, but i'm used to a higher standard of FPSC games. Here are some things to keep in mind:

- Lightmapping and dynamic lighting
- Entities usage and placement

Those basic things can make your scenes look much interesting, just take a look at these screenshots:

Don't as what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - Winston Churchill
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 01:24
I just tried your demo.

What follows is not a complete slagging match of your game, it is merely my opinions. Take it on board if you want to, or not....its your game.

The good

*You obviously have the basics down (keys to open doors, sound effects etc)
*You do create a sense of worry when greeted by the enemies
*That's about it unfortunately

The bad

*The lighting is non existent (now, i know lighting isn't everything - in my game, i have no lighting at all and have turned the ambience up to get a brighter overall feel, but, that's because my game is a non violent puzzler. In your case, i would say that lighting really sets the mood and keeps people on edge)

*You have over used the Lobotomy characters (3 of the same in one room - and a small room at that)

*No entities ...... at all! Except a few boxes and a skeleton in a chair.... You need to beef up your levels and add a bit of something to them. You obviously have a few model packs, grab some entities, work out what a room should be and dress it accordingly. (obviously don't go over board and throw random entities every where for the sake of having some. You need to sit down and really think about what that room is, what should be there and why)

*The HUDs and loading screens are stock. Change them. Its the first impression of any game and the first thing i did was sigh. "Oh, another game with the same stock screens and that weird droning sound when the game is loading"

The Ugly

*The first character is REALLY easy to kill, but, the three chaps in the other room are nigh on impossible to take down with just a knife. Think about lowering their health or maybe give the knife a bit more 'umph'. I tried to play this game 5 times, every time being killed by the first green guy. I got bored and turned it off. (i did try to run from them which added a bit of a scare factor as they can move pretty quick, but, eventually, i died again!)

The 'should be buried and never seen again'

*All of these quotes claiming your game to be the best thing since sliced bread. If you are new around here and this is your first game, then good on you for trying and getting something out there for everyone to see. (more than i can say about some of the people that give criticisms on these boards!) So, well done for that, you are on the right track to learn more!

But, if it is your first game, keep the boasting to a minimum.

Quote: "5150 A GAME THAT WAS BANNED FROM INDIE GAME COMPETITIONS FOR BEING TO VIOLENT"

Quote: "if you are disgusted with the way horror games are today
you will love 5150"

Also, one final note
Quote: "buy it march 2013"
..........really?!

I will leave on a good point. You have a good starting idea; as long as you can take constructive criticism, you will do well around these forums. Nobody out here will say anything to be just mean; if anyone does as i have above, it is only to help you improve!

Unfamillia

Psycho Gamez
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 22:19
I WOULD LIKE YO TAKE THIS TIME
to thank all of you who have taken the time to download
my demo and write all of these post
i would mainly like to thank the post from unfamillia & PekelaarSFX
for not feeding around the bush and really telling me what is wrong
with my game a will get right on fixing the problem as soon as
posible
thank you once again for having the balls to tell it like it is

The bloodier the better
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 22:42
Good on you for taking the constructive criticism!

A lot of people tend to get their back up and start attacking the people that comment. (and then don't ever progress or evolve)

just spend a bit of time scouting round the forums and seeing what other people have done with their games. Take notes and try different things to see what works for you.

The one piece of advice i could give you with game development is, try and try and try again. If something doesn't work, make a small 4x4 level and test that one thing to see why it isn't working! Trial and error works wonders! Then if you truly are stuck, come to the forums and give as much information as you can - maybe even give too much information - and i guarantee, someone out there will have an idea what you are going through and will be able to shed some light on the situation!

Unfamillia

Psycho Gamez
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 23:22
THANKS for the advice unfamillia
i must say when you where telling me about my game
1 thought went trough my head and that was
is this guy working for ign g4 or gamespot
very detailed and pro

anyway i'll be working on 5150
once again thank you very much