Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / I can't publish my apps in android!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
At the end of october i buyed the AppGameKit in order to write games for android device.
I tryed several time to publish also small "hello world" in android using also broadcast feature in AppGameKit and waiting to compare something in agk player app on my phone, but nothing happens.
I kindly ask everyone 2 questions:

1 what is the bast way to build game.apk with AppGameKit ?
2 which kind of connection i must have between my test android device and my computer in order to see quickly the game written under AppGameKit gui on agk player app?

Im sorry , but i didn't find any kind of clear documentation about this.

Any help is appreciated .

Mauro
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
i would suggest you to have a look at Freedom engine as it has the 1 click apk generation you want
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
That's possible, but I have found Freedom a little buggy so far.
If you are using tier 1 you should be able to at least test the game using the player by simply running your app in AGK. Make sure the player you use is correct for the version of AppGameKit you are using, as official releases can lag behind a little. You also need to connect your android device to your wireless router for it to work. I don't think you can do it via a cable apart from copying over a finished apk, or using eclipse to send it.
There is a video going into lots of detail about this on the forum. If you follow it, you should have android installs going quite quickly. I struggled for quite awhile on this myself, and even though I have got it working fine now, wouldn't fancy setting it up again (if I can help it).

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2012 16:12
mc venture, what version of AppGameKit are you working with?

And where did you get your Android Player?

The one posted on the TGC 'My Products' page is buggy. The one posted here works well on most Android devices (I've had no complaints so far).

In order to create the publishable apk, if you don't want to use Freedom Engine, you need to install a bunch of stuff. If you go that route, this is the official (first, and slightly out of date) AppGameKit guide. (You can ignore the Calibration section, that no longer applies as of about v1075.) I have additional help if you go this way as well and there are some published videos (but I don't recall where to find them).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 18:07:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 18:07:51