Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / QR Code Scan

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 00:51
There is a way to scan QR Code directly from the camera picture ? Because take a photo and then scan it, take way too long. I mean like "QR Droide".

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 01:01
There is DecodeQRCode but I've never tried it.

Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 08:48
Thanks Hodgey for the reply.

The DecodeQRCode work after the photo is taken. but what I want, is directly scan the camera view. Because for the moment, i must start the camera, take a photo, this photo is saved on the phone memory, then i must start the scan of the photo with DecodeQRCode, on a 4mb photo.. it take very long time, and I am asking if it is a way to reduce this time, and just scan the camera viewport to find a QR Code. ?

Thanks

Arbrakan

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 09:06
Quote: " but what I want, is directly scan the camera view"

I'm not familiar with how the camera commands work (haven't used them) but I don't think it's possible, at least not on iOS. What I gather from the documentation is that your app is sent to the background while the photo is being taken so I don't think you can directly scan the camera view through your app.

If you can somehow get the camera view screen to run in your app then maybe the GetImage() command might work.

Good luck!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 09:18 Edited at: 12th Dec 2012 10:31
You could perhaps reduce the size of the picture taken by turning it into a sprite... I'll post some working code in a while. Got to drop my kids off at school

EDIT: Here you go:

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 12:12
Thanks for the reply guys.

Quote: "If you can somehow get the camera view screen to run in your app then maybe the GetImage() command might work."

That was my wish, but isCapturingImage() or ShowImageCaptureScreen() don't return a image id.

I was working on a little piece of code, but the code of baxslash is way better optimized. Thanks to take time for me.

Last question, there is a way to delete a image saved on the device ?

Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2012 13:24
After a few test, I Get 12 seconds to get the QR value return. (15 seconds without resize the image) on my Xperia S (Android).

Wat I dream is a QR scan like this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTF473mn0Bo

There is a hope to get the same QR scan on AppGameKit Tier 1, or I must learn Tier 2?

Thanks for the reply.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2012 14:29 Edited at: 17th Dec 2012 14:30
It took less than two seconds on my iPod... what device are you using?

Edit sorry, I see. Xperia

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2012 15:11
Ok Thanks for the fast reply baxslash,I gonna check my code, and optimize it.

By the way, there is a way to delete a image saved on the device ?

And there is a hope to get a direct QR camera scan on AppGameKit Tier 1 in a near future ?

I'm sorry for my obstinacy, but i must know that, for the future of my App road map. This is the only "cloud" on AppGameKit for my project.

Thanks.

Arbrakan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 09:29:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 09:29:18