Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Looping music crashes game app.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 22:20
Hey all,

I was needing a little insight to a problem I have been having with my current project.

I currently have some BGM for my games main menu and play section, the tracks are set to loop and work fine on windows. Although when export the game to the player my app crashes once the music tries to loop. It also happens when I run the android version as well.

seems to work fine on windows and only needs to be executed once. Although once on the player the music will not loop.

I tried using:

Again works fine on windows, although this time it will crash the app when the music tries to loop.

BTW: Im using AppGameKit V1076, eclipse 4.2.1, and the android ndk r6 (i also can compile with the latest r8c).

Im going to attach the latest .apk android installer for anyone to check this problem out.

Any help would be awesome.

//simpleprogram

Programming and video games, what else could you need?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 22:35
The loop music bug is fixed in the last beta release i belive and is well known.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 22:39
Ive been off the scene for a while so excuse my ignorance.

I tried the latest beta and my game wont even run. Its just black screen once its compiled and executed.

On top of that I cant get the player to run in eclipse.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I had some music issues with my latest game, I got it working on android and PC using the start and end flags, that seemed to solve most issues like this. i also am using 1076.

PlayMusic( iID, bLoop, iStartID, iEndID )

SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 03:58 Edited at: 13th Dec 2012 03:59
Thanks,

I have also tried using the start and end ID flags but it still does not work for me.

I found the V1085 AppGameKit player and when I broadcast my app the music command bug seems to have been fixed while using it.

I'm still using V107 although, because every time I compile my project in V108 its super slow and gives me some stupid error about the random() command (something about ',endvalue)' being invalid). Also when I finally do get the program to run it just gives me a black screen. So I don't know if its V108 being unstable or my project causing the problem.

I guess ill just have to wait for the stable build of V108. :/

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 09:46
Compile times are being worked on but the random command works fine for me, I use it all the time. Have you passed it a float instead of an integer perhaps?

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 10:18
No just the standard

That and all of my other integers for ID's also stopped being recognized. I had to get rid of
to make them work once again.

Not really sure what was happening, but I was able to get a compile after a little editing yet as I said before the program just showed a black screen after executing and did nothing else.

Should I have made a clean install of V108? Or just overwrite the current version? I tried both but nothing seemed to work, including trying to compile the android interpreter.

Is it really going to be a necessity to include the Facebook file in the build? Why not just make it an option for those that dont want or need the extra bulk so to speak.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 12:48
A clean install is always best. I would suggest something has gone wrong as no-one else has reported these issues (including myself as I'm using v1085). I would try again.

I'm not sure if it's possible to remove certain libraries in Tier 2 or to remove them from the interpreters for Tier 1 but it is not something I would suggest you try. I have no idea what knock on effects it might have.

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2012 22:19 Edited at: 13th Dec 2012 22:19
Hmm, well thanks for the info. I might give it another try, but mostly likely will wait until the stable build of V108 comes out. Any one have an idea when that might be?

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 02:47 Edited at: 15th Dec 2012 15:43
Well, blow me down lol! Released my new app thinking it runs fine, which it seems to on my phone and the first person I ask to test, gets the sound playing up! I've had several sound issues so far with AppGameKit, but these random android devices sometimes working and sometimes not is rather frustrating! I have had a report of random crashed also, which I suspect may be related, but can't really pin it down. My other app seems ok, and is compiled using the same settings as my new app so it is an odd one. I may take it out altogether and see if I get the same problems.
edit - I too have noticed it seems fine when broadcasting, just dodgy with the final apk file. Not only does it crash, it also mixes up the sound effects! i am at a loss as I had no such problems with Moon Snaker.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 21:14:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 21:14:29