Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / slow response on prestigio multipad 5080Cpro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, I am new to this agk, though I have programmed in darkbasic pro so it aint too dissimilar, but I started a little test program which runs fine under windows but seems pretty unresponsive on the tablet when the speed is fast! if you click the balloon it should restart the balloon at a random location and a random speed, and you get a point, simple stuff but as I say I just started out! anyhow here is the code, I was wondering if there is a way to make it more responsive on the tablet! I probably think it is due to using one single pixel point if you like!

Hail to the king, baby!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 21:51
First, what version of AppGameKit are you using?

What sort of device is the Prestigio? (Android?)

Next, where did you get the Player you are using on your device?

The code looks fine. The issue may be related to one of the issues above.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
I am using the latest version of agk(108) I think, and the tablet runs android 4.0, the player I got dumped into my game creators account when I bought agk I guess!! about a week ago or so

Hail to the king, baby!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 22:09
The Player listed in the 'My Products' page is not current and is also buggy. It won't play nice with the latest version of AppGameKit, v1085. That probably explains half of your problem.

Assuming you have the latest version, v1085, thanks to MikeMax, this post has a working v1085 Android Player. Download that onto your Android device.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2012 23:47 Edited at: 14th Dec 2012 23:56
well, done what you said, but still at probably full speed it is damn hard if not impossible to hit the balloon!

*** scaled the sprite by adding:

The original png was just 32x64 pixels
and it seems a lot easier to hit,even possible! perhaps the speed it is moving is asking too much?

Hail to the king, baby!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2012 05:24
So, it is now performing too fast on the Android? Your initial post seemed to indicate it was too slow.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
You are not setting a collision shape at all so it should default to a box. Which should make it easier to hit. You aren't setting a sync rate at all. Perhaps you should add that in. To get your tablet running at fastest speed use.

Or if you want to save battery.

Then you can set the game to your desired fps by syncing every 60th of a second for instance. If you leave it syncing when at 0 with no timer based code expect crazy speed!
You could consider adding in some maths collision instead of the spritehittest command, I am unsure exactly how much faster if any, it is in AGK. If done well, it does speed things up, and may be more precise than the built in collision. Or, you could set the sprite shape to spherical and make it bigger than the actual sprite, to make it easier to hit.

shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2012 11:23 Edited at: 16th Dec 2012 11:24
tnx for the suggestions, I have just purchased hands on agk so perhaps I learn more now! I was simply learning from online material before, I was going to ask about a sync rate command funnily enough coz that is what one did in darkbasic pro!

Hail to the king, baby!
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2012 14:13 Edited at: 16th Dec 2012 14:14
Ancient lady: I meant the touch response seemed too slow/non responsive!

Hail to the king, baby!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2012 18:03
Quote: "I meant the touch response seemed too slow/non responsive!"

Okay, now I understand.

As DVader suggests, and I suspected, setting the sync rate will make it more responsive since it won't be running flat out at the fastest speed.

Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I would add this. If your speed is greater than the size of your sprite, remember it will be skipping a gap bigger than your sprite actually occupies. This may lead to more and more inaccurate collision. If possible try to use a reasonable scale, so your speed is never higher than the sprite width or height in pixels.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 19:15:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 19:15:11