Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / problem with loading images!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2012 20:45
Hello everyone! I am having a problem that might be a easy fix and might make me feel dumb later, but for some reason my tier 2 windows 7 VS2010 template will not load images. I don't think the command is broken since it shows the checker background with a red X, but I could just be placing the media in the wrong spot. I have placed the media in the final folder and in the general template folder. I am currently using the 1.085 beta template from the wiki and I would thank anyone who can help !

hello there!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2012 21:26
Can you show the commands you are using to load the images? I'm looking to see if you use any path in it.

If there is no path used, than the images should be in the same directory as the compiled executable.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2012 02:30 Edited at: 18th Dec 2012 02:30
for commands I am using for loading image are just the

The only path commands I am using are the

commands and I don't even use them before I load the image.

hello there!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2012 03:40
Remove the SetFolder command. It isn't helping and isn't needed. If you don't use it, I suspect you'll find that the app finds the images just fine.

I've found that the folder manipulation commands cause me more headache than they are worth.

I could not get good, consistent results in them with v1076.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2012 03:49 Edited at: 18th Dec 2012 04:05
well I took out the set folder commands and it still can't load the image. I do use the set folder commands (which I deactivated) for a scripting code I was working on for modders of my game. I can not think of anything at the moment... I am going to try to see what the active directory in C++ is in the mean while and see if I can change it if incorrect. Again thank you for your help

edit!!! : ok I figured it out! I was placing the media in the wrong place -_-, but again thank you

hello there!
Zef
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2013 04:21
I'm just trying to build and run the examples that come with AGK. Using both basic and native give the same results: not all of the sprites display. I'm using Win7 64 bit and the October 8, 2011 build of AGK. All the files are where they installed to.

In the Space Shooter game only the stars and the exhaust (from the aliens, I guess) show up. No spaceships appear. Also a large see-through block is placed at an angle in the middle of the display. Images that are set at the top and bottom of the display show up as black boxes.

As I said, the files are where they installed to.

Has anybody seen this before?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2013 16:20
First, you appear to be using a very old version of AGK. Possibly even before v1065.

Try updating to v1076 and then see if the Tier 1 (Basic) examples work.

I'm not certain you can get the Tier 2 ones to work because they may not be up to date.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:57:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:57:16