Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Modelpack 53 issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 01:32
Hello,
I posted this problem to the bug section. ( because iam not sure where to post this) so..

I found the mp53's weapons awesome and i started to use them. They work fine the only matter is that when you have for example the pistol with 15/05 ammo and you save your game then reload you will lost the ammo so you will have 15/00. Also when you finish the level in the next level you will have 15/00 ammo. So the ammo which loaded into the weapon will still there but the ammo from the player's "bag" will lost. Any solve for this problem? I found this really important because in my game you have to use wisely your ammo.

details:
1.18v
Win7

Maxi.

I don't buy games....i make them.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone else have this problem using current betas? I don't have time right now to test it myself. Sounds like it could be a problem with how ammo pool data is being saved and reinitialized.

If this problem is still persisting, please post about it in the v1.20 thread so that the people who can do something about it know there is a problem.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 14:13
I'll check it out.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, F l a t l a n d e r
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 14:37 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 14:38
You're welcome. This would be a crucial issue and in a way a game stopper for those wanting to use the weapons.

Yes, there is a problem. I built a very simple map level. Just player and ground with the pistol and some ammo for the player to pick up. I picked up both and shot off a five rounds which would leave it at 10/15. However, after saving the game and reloading, we do lose the extra ammo and it shows 10/0.

I'll report it. Hopefully it's not too late.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 15:27 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 15:28
Scene Commander is going to look into this. He has an idea of the problem and is hoping for an easy fix.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Fixed for next beta.

SC
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 13:33 Edited at: 1st Jan 2013 14:18
Yay!

Addendum:

Just to confirm for SC that it is now working for me.

maxi360
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 02:06
Back. Yay good news for me

Thank you all for pay attention for my thread and fix this problem. When the next beta will come out?

maxi360
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 02:08
@Scene Commander

Is there any way to fix this ammo bug when the player goes to the next level?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 16:11
BTW, you should have posted this in the thread regarding the new version as an issue.

I just posted it there and hopefully, SC will get it fixed.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is there any way to fix this ammo bug when the player goes to the next level?"

I'll answer here, but I'd prefer if you could post on the official beta thread, 'cus I miss stuff sometimes if it's not posted in the right place

What is the bug please?
maxi360
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 22:18
Quote: "What is the bug please?"

Samething happen when the player enter the next map (ammo lost)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 11:51:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 11:51:29