Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Modern Warfare Community Pack 2 (Any one interested?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 14:36 Edited at: 25th Dec 2012 14:38
Hey Communtiy,
here is Corno_1. Maybe you know me from my script post on the FPSC Script Board. I remeber, as i hear from the last Modern Warfare Community Pack, I was very nervous. And as i download it, I find this was such great. But COD goes a step further to western world. Here are a lot of great modelers and so i ask myself if there will be any members, who create a second pack with me? I not want to be the leader!(anyone interest too) But if anyone find this is a great idea, please post here. And this is not a team request, I just want to hear if someone would spend some time and create something with other members.

The Time will be one month so everybody who want to share something has enough time.

The Theme is:
Modern Warfare
City
Houshold
Airports
Shopping Center
Desert/Ice/Forest
also Scifi WAR(not like star wars, but like COD Black Ops 2)
Scripts
Huds
effects
anything you think, it fit in a "War of the western World"

This is not the start, so do not post custome stuff here!!
PLEASE SHARE YOUR OPINION

Corno_1

you need a script? I need useful requests at the moment!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200918&b=23
DaniDelore
Years of Service
User Offline
it would be a great addition! The modern-day theme is heavily underrepresented in the stock media section compared to SciFi and WW2.

I would say there is a big interest in this

starving student will model for food
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 14:59 Edited at: 25th Dec 2012 15:00
This would of course be a huge undertaking for a project leader (if Cosmic is interested I'm sure he'd be more than capable of doing so) but of course it would be a great addition to user libraries and of course great for getting the community together. I would like to contribute to such a pack if I can however I find that most of my time for modelling nowadays is for quote work. One other thing is that considering the genre is so wide, it may prove difficult to provide comprehensive coverage of the theme whilst maintaining consistent art styles for the sub-genres mentioned (artists may essentially have to make a mini-model pack each in order to produce a useful, complete pack)

Alright that's it, sorry I had no time to proofread that garbage ^

Poloflece

XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 22:20 Edited at: 25th Dec 2012 22:21
i think it would be a great idea,

i already have some stuff made that might fit in this pack

-

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lyonia Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2012 22:48
I agree that would be awesome

Lyonia 4 Life
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 13:54
great Idea, and of course I would contribute.

Come to where the madness is:http://www.indiedb.com/games/into-the-dark
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2012 21:39
Hi guys. I'll follow this thread for a few days, and see if there is enough interest as far as submissions go. If so, I'll be happy to put it together for you guys. But we'll need more than just 2, or 3 people willing to contribute.

And of course if this takes off, I'll add a few goodies myself.

So let's see how it goes.

Back from the Wasteland.
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
i can try to add some custom music, walls ,floors, overlays, some simple stuff im not good at modeling!!!

kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2012 02:13
i can try to do some stuff if i got time. (moved away from FPSC, been using unity)

http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Donations to the site are welcome. Your donations will be used to upgrade the site. Donations are only 2 dollars.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 05:15
I've got some buildings I could add.

Wheatleyy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 01:31
I'd be more than happy to contribute. Already have some afghan stuff laying around.

Cheers,
Wheatleyy

THIS IS A SIGNATURE...
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 03:24
Hi guys! Ok, Let's do this thing.

I'll start the new thread right after New Years. I need a little break after the Starship kit. those 400+ models really took a toll, and I need a little break.

Those of you who want to, can start getting your ideas together for the pack.

So I'll see you then. Have a Happy New Year!

Back from the Wasteland.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 17:52 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 17:52
Quote: "Ok, Let's do this thing."

Great to hear this. I will send you some models and segements soon
and of course a cod script pack

you need a script? I need useful requests at the moment!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200918&b=23
washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like a brilliant idea!

I was think about making some 3d windows, so that when they're broken, glass shards are scattered over the floor. Similar to CoD and other modern FPS games (there'd be lots of poly's, so I'd include a few different disappear scripts for leaving the shards or fading them out)

So let me know if you'd like that included in your pack! (if i get to that project, i'm busy with many others too! ^_^ )

My Craptop's Specs: Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD sempron 2.1 GHz single-core CPU; ATI radeon 3100 non-HD 256mb dedicated, up to 1.5 GB total; 3 GB DDR2 333 MHz RAM
Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800
Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2013 03:58
heck yea, I'd love to see some really good weapons. Like ones Errant Ai did in his TF341. Animated weapon models like the SCAR or MK14 EBR, ones that you could like add attachments to and stuff.

A REALLY GREAT IDEA

Charlie "Chuckles" "Chazene"
XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 09:39
Hello,

i have decided to make something for this pack,

so i've started off with some camo's for your weapons

here's a picture:

download attached

-XDwannesXD
XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 09:41
????

something went wrong,

here is download:

-XDwannesXD

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 05:48 Edited at: 7th Jan 2013 06:52
Depending on as to whether it not the work I'm doing for carnage production's 'Rising Arms' is liscensed out, I may be able to provide a lot of media for the pack, which would hypothetically include enough assets to build a whole town (roads, walls, buildings the lot) (refer to page 17 of 'what are you working on 2012' in the 3d chat board) and Kalashnikov weapons never before seen in fpsc like the an94 and the aek971.

If I can do so then I would very much like to manage the creation and release of the pack myself.
@Cosmic
^ If that would be ok with you of course, however I doubt that relieving you of an enormous workload would be of great concern

Poloflece

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 11:49
Sorry for the double post but this is a big update (I can finally show content now that I'm home). I understand that you asked not to display WIP here however I believe this may entice community participation:

So what I essentially think could be done with the construction of this pack is various artists each focusing on 1 setting (above is a eastern european or russian location), because what proves appealing in modern film, games and especially modern warfare games is the ability to experience various different environments. I feel that through focusing on a specific area (which would also help with partitioning the pack for download), we can provide users with a more comprehensive range of models for whatever modernday scene they are trying to contructl.

ps. that is the aek in the screenshot, I need to fix the smoothing in some areas and change the rig to the default hands (which is of course compatible with the first pack's hands).

Poloflece

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 15:38
I would be interested in contributing to this pack.

I might have to do a bit more digging on forums for the thread, unless it's yet to have been made.

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 15:56
Yeah the thread has not yet been made.

Also, I didn't know that you were TiTaniUm, that's why your name must've ringed a bell.

Poloflece

Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 21:42
Poloflece you are more than welcome to go ahead to manage the creation and release of this pack.

Cosmic is going to be out of commission for a little while. He had to talk to a surgeon this morning over a hernia and after the surgeon checked him out, they went and admitted him in the hospital and either tonight or the 1st thing in the morning he has to have surgery. He won't be able to do this one.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 23:34
I wish Cosmic Godspeed.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2013 01:19
Quote: "I wish Cosmic Godspeed."

Me too
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2013 08:36
Quote: "Poloflece you are more than welcome to go ahead to manage the creation and release of this pack.
"

Okay thankyou very much, I'll get started on all the thread graphics and start reviewing the suggested content (top of the post)

I wish Dale luck with his operation and a speedy recovery

Poloflece

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
My best wishes to Dale too.

@Poloflece - good luck with managing this project, my modelling skills are sadly very, very poor. However, if anyone would like any scripting advice for their contributions, I'll be happy to help.

SC
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2013 16:03
our Cpt. is down... where now shall we get our moral to compelte this task?

Cpt. = Cosmic

I wish Cosmic the best. Hopefully all is well with him.

PAIN!

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
I also wish cosmic the best and I will help poloflence with this pack(Coordinator).

Corno

Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2013 17:29
Thank everyone! Cosmic had his surgery and all went great and to my shock, he will be home in about an hour. Just wanted to give you all an update.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2013 20:22 Edited at: 11th Jan 2013 20:23
Thanks for that, Willow. I'm so glad. I'm sure you are too.

@Poloflece, you can do it! If Cosmic, comes around in home recovery as he did with after surgery recovery, then hopefully he will be there for consultations.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 06:59
It's up!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 23:35:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 23:35:31