Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [x9] The Escape (demo)

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 11:17 Edited at: 27th Jun 2022 12:02
Developer: Niclauke

Desc:
This is a single, small project done in 1 day. It's probably short for some people, but since there are no hints in-game, it might take a while. I got the idea from a dream I dreamt some days ago. I am planning on intending this to a full game, thats why I put "demo" at the start. *** I also learned some scripting techniques by making this demo.

Story:
Under the WW2, you were on a special mission to find a hidden arctifact located in an underground bunker. But everything went black, and you found yourself trapped in a small room, a prison cell. It was dark, and you couldn't see much. But there seemed to be light from a vent above...

DOWNLOAD

*** I am not working on this any longer.

~Nic
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 12:20
Downloading...

ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 00:08 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2013 00:08
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzmQzPa8AtI[/youtube]

Trailer!

~Nic
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading...playing...

Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2013 19:23
Ok, maybe I'm just an idiot, but how do you get into the vent in the first room? I pushed one of the boxes over to the larger box so I could jump on it and then get to the vent, but I can't get in the vent no matter how hard I try.

Help?

Oh, and while I'm at it: The first time I tried this, I actually ended up pushing the boxes into the wall and was unable to get up on the large box. I had to restart so the boxes were in their default position. Nothing major, but kind of a pain that I had to restart so I could even get up on the larger box.

Anyhow, I need help in getting into the vent?

Priest of the Church of Joe Wood

In memory of Nanee. 9/1/1993 - 5/16/2009. Rest in Peace, little girl.
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2013 22:08
Been almost a week, and no help on this?

Final score: 0/10. Without any help on getting into the vent, I can't play the game.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Leon Kennedy : Thats a bit harsh because you stuck lol.

I should say he used a keyboard trigger like enter or e to open the vent.

Nice work on the game its a bit basic but its a nice try.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2013 04:10 Edited at: 5th Mar 2013 04:11
Ok, I can get the vent open. I cannot get into it. As in, once the vent is open (pressing F), it is too high up to jump into it and there is no other obvious way to get in. That is what I meant when I said I could no get into the vent.

So while I may be stuck, it's not harsh to have asked for help only to not get any and then say I've given up. Again - I can get the vent open, but cannot jump into it as it is too high up.

And come on - you know I've been on this forum for several years. Do you honestly think that I'm really that idiotic to not be able to play the games that people put up out here? Really?

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 01:06
I played it. It was a fun experience. There is only 1 question I like to ask... (might me spoiler!)

Don't as what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - Winston Churchill
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Leon Kennedy :- Played the game and was in the vent in no time you have to put one of the boxes onto the big box then jump on the box press f and crouch at the same time.

There are some collision problems as it looks like he using an older version of fpsc as the guns don't have any hands and this is default in newer versions.

Not a bad game

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2013 16:18
Yeah, I can't seem to get one of the boxes onto the larger box. I've tried pressing and holding every key, as well as mouse buttons, and nothing seems to pick up one of the smaller boxes.

I'll chalk this up to a derp on my part due to not being able to figure this out.

Lyonia Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2013 12:39
Put some hands in!And go on,I'm watching you!

Lyonia 4 Life
ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2013 18:34
Hello everyone, long time no see.

Quote: "Anyhow, I need help in getting into the vent?"

Right click the boxes, stack them up, jump and crouch in the vent, wait for the in-game cutscene to play (look through the vent).

Quote: "Why so many keys for 2 doors? "

Ive always liked "key3". I would change it if I were still working at this project, but I ain't.

Quote: "There are some collision problems as it looks like he using an older version of fpsc as the guns don't have any hands and this is default in newer versions.
"

When I released this game I used v1.20.5, I've always liked the old stock weapons, so I added them for this game.

Quote: "Yeah, I can't seem to get one of the boxes onto the larger box. I've tried pressing and holding every key, as well as mouse buttons, and nothing seems to pick up one of the smaller boxes."

This is odd. Right mouse button should pick them up.

Quote: "Put some hands in!And go on,I'm watching you!"

If I still worked on this I would, thanks!

Quote: "
Not a bad game"

Thanks.

~Nic

http://www.niclauke.com
Muzzles56
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2013 22:23
It was alright for a concept/demo I suppose. Only problem I had was not knowing the controls. Anyone who plays this wont know how to pick up boxes unless they read the topic. Ragdolls were good, how did you get those? Only problem I had was how enemies were 1 shot... I liked the ladders too, did you script those?
Killj0y17
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2013 17:24
I'm in need of some inspiration for my map in my game, hopefully this game will help me, downloading now

ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2013 12:29
Thanks Muzzles.

Enemies are one shot in the head only, aren't they?
Ragdolls are the ragdoll script that was on the forum once or came with fpsc can't remember.

Thanks killj0y.

ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2013 13:54
I'm remaking this game

- Nic

Ash Hound
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey.. im making a game called The Escape, i even posted about it!!! can i still make mine because you've said: "im not working on this any longer" or am i stuck with making another name.. and re-naming all my 236 files... please tell me i can keep mine The Escape... and i was just about to post mine...
Ash Hound
Years of Service
User Offline
dammit, the story is just like mine, only with a few changes here and there.. ugh.. i should really post earlier, ive already made 8 levels for it...
ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2013 16:14
Ash Hound, don't worry. I have no copyrights on this project or nothing. Do as you want. I don't mind. (Unless it's a straight ripoff, then I would mind)

- Nic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 16:43:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 16:43:38