Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 04:25 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2013 22:35
Im still working on this project heavily however i thought people would enjoy a funny video of its current progress.

(scedualed to finish mid january)

Platforms: (so far supporting)
-blackberry playbook

Currently working on:
-AI
-Shooting
-Passing
-Ref / Basic Game rules
-Multiplayer
-Cup process
-Team selection (No NHL Teams)

Check this first video out...lol!
You should find it very funny!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77UrCnvMWbg&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAfLu3ZsB58&feature=youtu.be

Here is the first development blooper....Hey why not...movies have them....lol!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfsLiLUaH6Q&feature=youtu.be

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 10:45 Edited at: 1st Jan 2013 10:45
Real nice.

Where did you take those graphics from? Especially the background?

Looks very fabulous
Great mechanics too.

Follow me on twitter! @MotionStruct
Motion Struct blog
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 13:15
Thanks...

The sprites well... Technically its all sprites but the hockey guys I animated and drew with tile studio myself.

The background I drew in paint brush starting with a basic shape and slowly filled it in.

After drawing the background I split it into 4 layers to give the nice glass effect and be able to go behind the bottom boards slightly.

Thanks again... And I'll try making a video next time of it actually on the playbook so I can take aim on the net.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks really good! Although I didn't much like the old Megadrive Ice hockey games, coming from old Blighty it's not particularly popular over here. Still, it looks a great game so far and I was impressed with the video. Are you still using 1065 for this then as it is for playbook? I really wish TGC would get playbook working with the newer releases, as I wouldn't mind trying to get a few games on to it at some point this year lol.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 01:30
1065....until and if... blackberry gets an update.

And thanks....

The next video i showcase will all be AI Playing itself so it will be more representative of how the game flow will look.

I however like the speed of it soo far

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 04:17
Looks really promising, keep up the good work!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I really hope it is updated, I heard that it was being added after the next update, once it was fairly stable on current platforms. but things may have changed
Don't worry about my not liking these sort of games, I didn't mean it as derogatory, just that I am not keen on any team sport video games. An evening playing the best ISS game in the world would be hell in my opinion. So as I said I am not the best judge of such games I am also sure I am in the minority of gamers in this regard. Now an evening playing Ghouls and Ghosts, that would be okay
Still even I can see this looks pretty good, and I am sure all sports game fans would enjoy it!

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 22:10 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2013 22:36
Hehe...not a problem!

I have never written a sport type game in my life and this is getting me some good experience at it anyways.(even if its 2d)

I realy enjoyed playing a game called Blades Of Steel for NES when i was growing up....and i see there is no current hockey games available on playbook unless we are talking about air hockey.

Soo... Im mainly going after it since there is no hockey games available on playbook. I was originaly planning a bomber man remake since they dont have that either...lol!

I see soo much potential in playbook cause i dont see the big game companies in there yet and it may be easier to get your work noticed.

Im gunna hold out on 1065 untill agk gets more playbook support.

Hey dvader....that moon snaker looks interesting...if its not 3d you should compile it for blackberry. Is that one of your best games created from AppGameKit so far?

I may get an android soon and i`ll check it out :p

Cheers!

edit: HaHa... i like that xmas rush as well :p

Latest video: Last update for the week... but should be done building the game soon enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAfLu3ZsB58&feature=youtu.be

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 09:01
So i bought Autodesk Sketchbook.....yes....lol

Suddenly i realized what a better artist i could be with nice software like this....

Here is my new startup menu for Ice Brawlers...and i must say.. i think i nailed it.

And to have the game fade in behind the menu makes it look like a video....however...its not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX72CLfrAIU&feature=youtu.be

I also wrote up a nice tune for the menu using my QmidiStudio also featured in that video.

milhaus
Years of Service
User Offline
I love the look of the game and i'd definitely play this. Takes me back to the old Megadrive games.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 21:18
Looks cool
Maybe work on the ai so the defenders stays more defensive and the forwards swirl around the ice.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 05:46
Nice very nice dude!!! Go on!!!

Long life to Steve!
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2013 02:52
To my surprise!

This game was approved today and is now available on blackberry playbook.

I have released an early version here however it will be seeing some updates including multiplayer . But for now if your interested in supporting the project feel free as its now available on app world.

Also i ask for feedback so I can improve it and add updates to it.

QmidiStudio looks to have been finally approved as well but ill mention more about that in its own thread.

Thanks for your valued support and interest.

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2013 12:09
This game looks great!

Any plans to publish into iOS and Android stores?

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2013 18:33
Id like to but i dont have those devices to test on...

Let me get multiplayer fixed up first and a few ai improvements then i will be looking for someone to help me test and publish on those other devices.

:p

I should be done multiplayer in a few weeks and will post an update.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 01:37
Ok so a big update is coming soon....

I have the passing code finished up and just finishing up the multiplayer code...should be done this week.

The multiplayer has been very challanging and was unexpected.....however when your player is interchangable on each end the net game needs to detect that and update acordingly.

I will be releasing a lite version that will be free and only be missing the multiplayer host.

A lite version (free) will be able to connect to a purchased version of the game for a multiplayer battle.

Thanks for waiting.....and updates will be here realy soon!

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 02:00 Edited at: 27th Jan 2013 03:14
wow! im having some major lag issues with wi-fi.

Has anyone successfully added multiplayer support to there games using wi-fi?

I think we need some blueTooth support here or we are all gunna have a tuff time syncing a multiplayer game.

I can get the action smooth and then....a wi-fi hickup comes along and totaly throws everything off for about 2-5 seconds then back to normal...
Anyone else having trouble with wi-fi ?

I think wi-fi may work for something like bomberman or something thats close to turn based....but sending multi characters back and forth.....yiks!

I took a look at my data transmission and is this:
~8kb a second (host sending) ~15 msg's per second
~5kb a second (host recieving) ~15 msg's per second

If this is too much data? maby thats the problem??

Anyways I submitted an update to Blackberry with passing the puck added in....

I must say between my 2 products on blackberry the sales are actualy doing more then i expected. I would definetly encourage blackberry support from other developers.

Hopefully TGC will add an update for more playbook support!!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry have not been back to this forum for a bit. Thanks for trying my games. Moon Snaker is probably my best game released so far. The Santa one was a small project I revived for Xmas and is simple but fun for awhile at least.
Both games use 1076, which as far as I'm aware doesn't support Blackberry or I would consider porting Moon Snaker at least. I could lose the online highscores I suppose and get a 1065 version installed, but with no actual device to test on I imagine it could be troublesome.

I haven't much used the multiplayer options as yet, so no real idea as to why you are getting a glitch now and then. 15 msg's per second doesn't sound that much as long as the connection is solid of course. Perhaps someone from TGC can shed some light on it. Good luck getting it working!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:30:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:30:34