Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / help making 3D object fps ready in wings 3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 07:34
I'm curious as to how i would go about making a 3D model fpsc ready it is a self portrait of myself that i want to put into the game as an entity it will not move or have any purpose other then for scenery for a wall in my game its my first model and im new to fps creator had it 6 years but never used until now i used wings 3d 1.4.1 to model paint.net to texture and i have a vary old version of fpsc as i don't know how to update it was looking for new hobbies since im sober and live in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do Please Help

-Kurt Cobain "Id Rather Be Hated For Who I Am, Than Loved For Who I Am Not...
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2013 23:16
I have been using wings 3d for some time, so if you have any questions about it I am happy to answer them. When it comes to getting a model into fpsc, the process is surprisingly simple. Just follow the fpsc pipeline: http://fpsc.wikia.com/wiki/Pipeline

In regards specifically with wings 3d and fpsc:
In wings, a default "cube" which is 2x2 is the size of an fpsc room segment when exported from wings with a scale of 50. I recommend you make your model as normal, insert a new cube, then scale the model into the cube to the size you want it to be in fpsc. Then export it with a scale of 50. Don't forget to delete the cube first.

Available for freelance work, hard surface 3d artist and current generation game artist. Contact me through email.
TheMushroomGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 07:38
thanks for the help i thought my work would go to waste i have vary limited internet here so its good to have a direct and easy answer

TheMushroomGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2013 09:58
i checked out the site and did what it said but now it will not appear in fps creator i named the folders and sub folders right now im just wondering where i messed up i think it may be the base-FPE.BlueCouch that may be messed up here it is > ;Created by TheMushroomGuy

desc = Blue Couch
;ai

aiinit = appear1.fpi

aimain = default.fpi

aidestroy = disappear1.fpi
;spawn

spawnmax = 0

spawndelay = 0

spawnqty = 0
;orientation

model = meshbank/TheMushroomGuy/suburban/Blue Couch.x

offx = 0

offy = 0

offz = 0

rotx = 0

roty = 0

rotz = 0

fixnewy = 0

defaultstatic = 1

materialindex = 0

collisionmode = 1

strength = 0

isimmobile = 1

soundset =

soundset1 =
;visualinfo

textured = texturebank/TheMushroomGuy/suburban/BlueCouchTexture.dds

effect =

castshadow = 0
;Animationinfo

animmax = 0

anim0 = 0,0

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 22:40
You should name the base-fpe.fpe when it is copied into the suburban folder "BlueCouch.fpe". Also, never have a space in the name of a model because it will mess up the path for the "model =". Rename the .x file to blue_couch and change the path to model = meshbank/TheMushroomGuy/suburban/Blue_Couch.x

Available for freelance work, hard surface 3d artist and current generation game artist. Contact me through email.
TheMushroomGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 06:20
thanks i will try what you said i might not have any internet again for a long time and i live pretty far away from town so the library is out of the question most days or even weeks so i will be on my own for most things now that i know how to add my own content to the game will help alot

TheMushroomGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 12:45
well i ran into another problem im using a differen't model since i didn't want the blue couch i took out the spaces and used this: _ for them changed the base.fpe folder name to 3d_white_picket_fence_textured.fpe took out the capital letters also changed the text inside the fpe fold to this only showing you what i changed from last time: desc = 3d_white_picket_fence_textured.x model = meshbank/TheMushroomGuy/suburban/3d_white_picket_fence_textured.x textured = texturebank/TheMushroomGuy/suburban/3d_white_picket_fence_textured.tga i also found out the texture i used was not supported in fps so i changed that to tga the folder it is in looks like this: entities/TheMushroomGuy/suburban then this: 3d_white_picket_fence_textured.fpe and this folder: 3d_white_picket_fence_textured "the model is in x format the texture is a tga i made in paint.net i added alot more to this because my entity still does not appear in my fps creator also don't know if this is related but it is fps creatorx10 version 1.0 it has been vary frustrating for me ive changed it dozens of times to no avail

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2013 23:08
I'm afraid the tutorial I posted will not work in fpsc x10, and I am not familiar with how to make anything work in x10.

TheMushroomGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2013 05:44
well thanks for trying kind of a let down but i will still try to get my own content into the game if that doesn't work i'll probably go to another program or not at all in the mean time i'll see if the differences in fpsx9 are good anoth to even consider buying the newer one even though im vary poor and it will be a long time i think ive seen your work before on another site its pretty good

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 07:50:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 07:50:38