Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 12:19 Edited at: 28th Jul 2013 22:17
Please feel free to add to the following list, I can only guarantee bug fixes will be looked at but feature requests are welcomed too

I have not put a time on this but as usual any issue holding up a project will be addressed immediately.

= Fixed
= To do
= In progress

Holes in heightfields for DBPro version, there is a thread here with a workaround, search heightfield.
Positions/Rotations incorrect when creating actors from instanced objects. Current workaround is to create actor first and then position/rotate with dynamix commands.
Overload following functions for GDK2 users:
dynGetAngularMomentum
dynGetAngularVelocity
dynGetLinearMomentum
dynGetLinearVelocity
dynRaycastClosestShape
dynRaycastHitGetWorldImpact
dynRaycastHitGetWorldNormal

Look at raycast distance bug for DBPro, work around is to calculate the distance manually using ray start and contact position.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 20:59
I hope to get DDYN soon... I may add a lot here soon...

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Do dark dynamix work with Blitzwerks Terrain 2.X and upcoming 3.X version ?

Can Dark Dynamix be made to work with C++ and DirectX/OpenGL in an engine neutral way ?

Here is a feature request -

APEX destruction like feature. How much will it cost ?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 21:35
Yes it works with blitz terrain, I can't confirm blitzwerks 3 since it does not yet exist

Dark Dynamix works with DarkGDK, it would not be useful without GDK.

Not sure how much APEX destruction would cost as I have not looked into it in any detail, I'm not sure I would see enough if a return to make it worth while

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
@Matty H: If you can implement APEX like real-time destruction phyics - IT WILL BE AWSOME. Anyway please let us know if you will do it in 1.2. You will get my money for sure.
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2013 21:28
It is free for commercial use if the revenue is under $100k, however I don't really see the need for this as I don't think DBPro could handle it nicely at the moment. Believe me Dark Dynamix is worth the cost on its own, it is far superior to dark physics and I have not had any issues with it yet.

Of course it would be awesome if APEX was built in, maybe it could be done as a separate plugin
Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2013 17:19
Please think about some easy commands to rotate-move and to stop the position of the hinged objects! example: a door hinged in a wall that can be moved and stopped in a precise position even if the wall is moving or rotating!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2013 13:39
Just jumping in to say I finally have DarkDynamix!

I will experiment with it soon and try to iron out any additionals I may require

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 19:58 Edited at: 28th Jan 2013 12:33
Good to have you on board MrValentine

There is a chance that this may be rewritten in the future with PhysX3. I can't guarantee it at this point though as it's far from certain just now.

If it does happen then it will most likely be a free upgrade for people who have Dark Dynamix, if not, there will be a massive discount, perhaps between 50-90 per-cent off. The new version would include AppGameKit version as well as DBPro and DarkGDK.

The reason that this is a possibility is that I have the very basics of PhysX3 working with AGK(tier 2), and it is written in such a way that the code base between different versions(dbpro/agk would be 90% the same. But there is a massive difference in the amount of work required between writing just the functions I need for myself and a full physics wrapper like Dark Dynamix.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2013 22:01
OMG MATTY I WOULD PAY FULL PRICE IF YOU GOT THIS OUT FOR AppGameKit!

You have my word on that!

[ O.K.O.K. give me a 50% discount ]

But yeah I totally support an PHYSX 3.X update, I cannot work with any other engine! I love PHYSX! and I doubt I will ever even bother giving any other a try, why? because PHYSX JUST WORKS!

Please make it happen!

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
What additional features are available in PHYSX 3.X as compared to 2.8.4 ?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2013 10:48
Quote: "What additional features are available in PHYSX 3.X as compared to 2.8.4 ? "

I have not noticed much difference so far. There is some info here:

http://physxinfo.com/wiki/PhysX_SDK_3.x

Obviously an AppGameKit version would support ios/android/windows/mac.

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Does Dark Dynamix ensure that all the PHYSICS simulation takes place at a constant pace across different processors and gpu ?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2013 17:15
The timing is up to you, it I possible to do what you ask.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2013 09:37 Edited at: 21st Mar 2013 09:38
Hi,

I've had Dark Dynamix for quite some time, but it's only today, I've actually found time to look at it.

I feel very stupid, but I'm having a problem running any of the examples or running any DD code. Whenever I attempt to run the .exe, either directly or from a compile I get the following error.

[img][/img]

As far as I can tell all of my Phyx drivers are up to date.. Can anyone shed any light on this.

Thanks,

SC
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2013 15:02 Edited at: 21st Mar 2013 15:02
Hi Scene commander, have you copied the dll's from the 'bin' folder over to the examples/dbpro folder?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks you Matty H.. That's fixed the problem.. It appears I was being stupid after all!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 10:25:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 10:25:50