Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Model texturing question..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2013 23:31
Hi there.
So i made my very first model to FPSC. It's really basic but first i want to get it work after that maybe i will do better stuffs.
You can view a video from my model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_PNwlte9mI

It has no texture so i used light sources to see whats going on. It's not perfect model ( problems at: door size,stairs but once again i made it in 5-7 minute so my plan was not to create a perfect model)

I dont know if this post need pictures..There is my video to see what i talking about but if moderators want pictures i took 2 photo and you can download it.

My problem is:
Anyone could help me how to texture it?

I don't buy games....i make them.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I can help you. I will need the model and what you want the house to look like when textured. What are you using for a modeling program?

maxi360
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 00:57
Quote: "I will need the model"

i afraid i already deleted this model because it was just needed to present my problem.

i using wing3d 1.4.1 and the whole house created from a cube.

Should i make another model to teach me how to texture it?
(if its necessary ive got entity workshop v2)
Thanks for ur time.

Maxi.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
If you have already deleted it, then I would say follow this tutorial. It is in two parts and the guy is very good at explaining uv mapping for wing3d. Next time when you ask for help on a model, be sure to keep it.

There are many tutorials on uv mapping, it will take some work to get things just the way you want. Just be patient and take your time. Don't rush it.

Quick question do you still have the FPSC version of your model? If you do, post it.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 10:58 Edited at: 7th Jan 2013 10:59
After watching your video on your model, I made one similar to what you have. I couldn't sleep tonight, so between this and the tutorial series, I have been working all night. Not on this one model though. Took about 15 mins to get all the textures and model it. Took another 15-20mins to unwrap it.

When you are making simple models like what you made in the video, you can do what I call face unwrap. Basically, I select the faces I know will have the same texture and seperate them on the texture. That simple. When you get to more complex models that is when you want to really take your time. You can have the best model and texture, but if the uv map is off it makes it look bad. A more trained eye can see even my flaws in what I have done here.

So enjoy!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
maxi360
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 18:29
Hmmm nice remodelling, i like it. Thanks for the tutorial, so should i make multipe object to modeling something then combine them ( like in the tutorial ) or can i make things from a simple geometric stuff?

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I would stick to simple and work your way up to more complex models. What I did when I was learning to model was I started with a crate, a soda can and worked my way up. So try that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:34:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:34:50