Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Animation Resolution

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2013 15:06 Edited at: 14th Jan 2013 02:15
Hello forum! I'm currently creating a start-up sequence of two animations played before my game menu. I'm having problems with the resolution of the animations. I want the final product to run in fullscreen, enabling anyone to play regardless of their screen size. I've managed to achieve this with the use of:

However the resolution of the animation is 1920 x 1080, which does not work on all computers, leaving the animation quartered:

Here is my current code, I haven't added the second animation or menu in yet, I'm just trying to fix the animation problem first. I'd like the animation and fullscreen window to be compatible with all (or most) computers, without compromising the quality of the animation too much.
Here is the code I am using at the moment:

I'm fairly new to Dark Basic Professional but not to programming. Any solutions or advice would be great.
Thanks in advance!
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 03:37
theres probably a better way, but the first thing that pops to mind is to play the video to a plane object locked to the screen. this would be very easy to scale up or down as needed

Onefreshfish
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2013 09:10
In that case how exactly would I create the plane to work with any computer resolution, and paste the animation onto the plane?
I've changed the code slightly, but I still cannot get the animation to work with all computer resolutions.

My only other option, would be to create a version of the game for all possible resolutions and then allow the user to select which version to install during setup but, seriously, there must be an easier way through coding.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2013 02:54
A 3d plane doesn't care what resolution you use. And a texture or video applied to the plain is just scaled automatically. How you apply an animation to a 3d object I have no clue.

"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!" ~Tick

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:57:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:57:44