Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Trying to create clean templates for v1088

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 21:37
I have templates that compile and link (without testing any 3D features or anything else) for VS2010, Mac and iOS.

And I am running into exactly the same problem I've had with all of the v108<x> android projects.

MyFacebookActivity.java fails on the command "setContentView(R.layout.facebookmain);" in the onCreate method with the message "R cannot be resolved to a variable".

IAPActivity.java fails with the same message on the command "setContentView(R.layout.main);" in its onCreate method.

IMarketBillingService.java fails in three method definitionlocations with basically the same mesage "The method <method> of type IMarketBillingService.Stub must override a superclass method". It occurs on:
--lines 32 and 76: asBinder()
--line 85: sendBillingRequest(...)

What do I need to add/remove/change to fix this?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
TrezSoft
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 21:54
Not sure if this is related but i had the same android issues on 1085 when buiding apps from T1, with a little help i resolved them (I think 2nd and 3rd post) http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=202736&b=41
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 22:32
Excellent! That took care of the problem with the first two files.

And with the help of this post, I got it compiling okay.

I was working first in the interpreter_android project, to get a Player working first.

And it is all good.

Now I have a basis for doing the template (tomorrow).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2013 23:49
Thanks for taking the time to do this for us.

I solved my VS2010 issue, I was not aware of the DirectX June 10 dependency. The last version I used was 1083.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 16:44
Glad to help.

The DirectX requirement is a pain, but Microsoft is like that.

Were the instructions on the AppGameKit Wiki Template page understandable? I tend to write like the programmer geek that I am and am never sure if it works for everyone.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The DirectX dependency was introduced in 108x and it's necessary because of sensors on Windows
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 21:09
Quote: "sensors on Windows"

I did mention Microsoft, right?

Anyway, I have been trying to get a basic Android template and I finally got something to compile and link in Cygwin and then to generate in Eclipse with proper connectivity (I think) to the Facebook SDK.

But it won't run on the Android tablet. I get a popup message stating "Unfortunately, AppGameKit v1088 Template has stopped.".

So, I don't have something right just yet. Although I have updated the AppGameKit Wiki Template page a lot.

Does anyone know what might generate that message?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 17:04
Quote: "Unfortunately, AppGameKit v1088 Template has stopped."

Means the app crashed, could be caused by anything. I'd need to see the LogCat output to know more.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 17:13
Unfortunately, on the Nexus 7, the LogCat does NOT show anything in the logs except the entries created by the LogCat app itself.

And my Toshiba Thrive 7" is in the shop for repairs.

It's entirely possible that my edit of Core.cpp wasn't correct.

I build the Core.cpp by comparing different versions of the interpreter_<target> files and adding new things to the Core.cpp in my template.

It appeared that the CoreForApp.h file was needed in the Core.cpp file. So I included the one from the interpreter_android/jni directory and edited it to simplify all the functions (basically they do nothing). Was that correct? Or should I have ignored the CoreForApp.h and NOT kept the include statement in Core.cpp?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 17:43
Quote: "Were the instructions on the AppGameKit Wiki Template page understandable? I tend to write like the programmer geek that I am and am never sure if it works for everyone."

Yes, seems good to me. Although a few of the libs are not included for debug mode, but you can just look at the release mode and include the ones that are missing, no problem.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 19:19
Quote: "Although a few of the libs are not included for debug mode,"

Oh, I must have missed that when I was testing. Which template (version and tweak/no tweak) did you have this problem with?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 02:35 Edited at: 17th Jan 2013 02:36
Quote: "It appeared that the CoreForApp.h file was needed in the Core.cpp file"

For Android there shouldn't be anything in CoreForApp.h that is used in Core.cpp so you can just remove any reference to it and use the entire file in your template. You may have some issues if you change the package name that I've just encountered myself, due to all the new facebook, push notifications, etc. The following lines must be changed to your new package name

Then the file src/GCMIntentService.java must have its package name changed like so

an additional import added

and remove any R imports in this file (if they exist)

Also change the AKGHelper.java file so it defines the AGKHelper class as public like so

It sounds like you have modified the other files correctly by adding import my.new.package.name.R; to MyFacebookActivity.java and IAPActivity.java

I think that's everything, I'm still learning it myself.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 17:11
Wow, a bunch of things need updating. Okay.

I cannot find GCMIntentService.java anywhere in the v1088 delivery. There is a gcm.jar in the libs directory.

But we have made progress. At least I get a blank screen (not what I should have).

And the LogCat is showing up in Eclipse (I finally got it to work connected to my device):

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 18:26
Quote: "Oh, I must have missed that when I was testing. Which template (version and tweak/no tweak) did you have this problem with?"

It was the windows, no tweak 1088 template.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 19:16
Quote: "But we have made progress. At least I get a blank screen (not what I should have)."

Do you have the line

in your AndroidManifest.xml file?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 19:49
Matty H, I have uploaded new ones with the libraries correct (and the delayed dll load as well) for Debug configuration. My apologies.

Paul, yes. It is the fifth line. And the Nexus 7 does support OpenGL 2.0 (I checked with the OpenGLES Extensions app, reports OpenGL ES 2.0 14.01002 with shading language as OpenGL ES GLSL 1.00).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 20:16
How about the jni/armeabi/libAGKAndroid.lib and jni/armeabi-v7a/libAGKAndroid.lib files, could it be you are using versions from 1076 with a template for 108? That would explain the OpenGL errors. Unlike the other platforms Android libs are placed in the jni folder of each project rather than the global "platform" folder.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2013 20:41
The armeabi libraries (both versions) ar dated 7-Jan-2013 and the same size as the ones in the app/interpreter_android/jni directories. I was careful to copy stuff from the v1088 interpreter_android directories.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul when 108 final is officially release I would suggest that you invest some hours and make Official templates available. Most of the problems I see in posts are because of templates, so that would generate a positive vibe about 108

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 22:31:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 22:31:13