Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / problem with mp4 files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 10:48 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 10:50
Hi friends,

I have a problem with video commands. My video is a mp4 format (the file is created by moviemaker... its resolution is 360x288)... this video is successfully loaded in my tablet (asus tf301, android 4.1) but in my mobile (android 2.3) this video is not visible (only you can hear the sound). And in windows... it's showed a error: "failed to load video file. the format is not suupported" and then "Failed to load video at line..."

In windows, I can load the wmv file, for this reason, I have write:

But it isn't elegant... And I want use mp4 files in windows... What can i be doing wrong? Why is not visible in my phone?

Thanks
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 11:10
Your phone may not have the right codec. MP4 is a container format (like AVI) and may have different encodings. It's probably H.264 encoded, which is supported only in Android 3.0+

On Windows, you probably need an MP4 DirectShow filter installed. However, I have yet to find one that works for all files, and either picture (no sound) or sound (no picture) is common. It's a complete pain. Your safest bet is to use WMV on Windows, because that will work on default systems.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
I did't know that mp4 was a container format like as avi... I thought that mp4 file was a established format, being the bitrate, the modifiable parameter...

It's good to learn a new thing every day

Thanks JimHawkins!
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2013 11:53 Edited at: 15th Jan 2013 11:58
As my company produces language lab software I live my life suffering from codec nightmares - and that's just on Windows. Even WMV can have problems with resizing the video, depending on the installed graphics drivers. Nothing is simple, unfortunately.

mp4 is actually a slightly extended version of QuickTime. Not many people know that!

So I suggest transcoding you video to WMV, and testing on several different computers, including laptops.

Good luck!

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 20:51:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 20:51:56