Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [dark dynamix] loss of coordination between the DB Objects and the physical shape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 12:28
Hi all, I am getting a strange loss of coordination between the DBPro poligons and their Dark dynamix physical shape.
Please look at the attached pic, you can see 3 pics that show you how (when I apply a force to my airplane) more I apply a force, more the lost of coordination get bigger.

I tried to use the DYN UPDATE commands in many ways but I alway got this lost of coordination.
This happen when I apply a standard force to my airplane body.

In my code when I press F key I give a DYN ADD LOCAL FORCE AT LOCAL POS (or simply DYN ADD FORCE) to my airplane body.
(All the airplane parts are joined to airplane)

Why all that?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 12:34 Edited at: 16th Jan 2013 12:35
Not sure what you are asking at the end there also maybe add the code in full involved with building the object and the force function in full too...

It may help others help you better...

I am just posting to see how this is resolved as I plan to purchase DDYN soon...

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 12:48
Quote: "Not sure what you are asking at the end there also maybe add the code in full involved with building the object and the force function in full too...

It may help others help you better...

I am just posting to see how this is resolved as I plan to purchase DDYN soon...
"

Hi MrValentine, the problem is that when I push my airplane, the DB objects loss their coordination with the darkdynamix physical shape. More time I apply that push force more loss of coordination I get.
After some seconds pushing my airplane (in the 3rd pic) you can see that the collision shapes are no more over the airplane poligons

Here the code:
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 13:12 Edited at: 16th Jan 2013 13:17
I cannot help with that code [As I do not yet own DDYN], but I can help introduce you to

code lang=dbp

I find myself mentioning this usage a lot lately lol I apologise for doing it but if nobody mentions it, >.<

I will have a quick scan of your code for now and edit my post or if someone posts soon post again, if I find anything...

EDIT

Woops fixed a typo in my code snippet opening said code lang-dbp instead of code lang=dbp, my bad

EDIT

I think the issue is within your main LOOP

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 13:57
ehhh MrValentine, I don't understand well the lang=dbp issue... I notice you post my code with the real compiler colour text.

Yes probably the issue is inside the loop but I really tried a lot of things but I continue to get this loss of coordination between DBPro poligons and collision shapes
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 14:01 Edited at: 16th Jan 2013 14:01
I do not currently use DDYN, but should this

Quote: "DYN FETCH RESULTS"

not be within your main LOOP?

With DarkPHYSICS we would place

Quote: "PHY UPDATE"

Before the SYNC command usually...

And I cannot really comment further as I do not understand how DDYN functions... yet...

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 14:05 Edited at: 16th Jan 2013 14:08
It's not something you need to worry about Alduce.

It happens because the debug renderer is rendering the physics scene one frame behind. Your physics scene is still in sync with your objects, it's only the debug renderer that is behind.

The faster your objects move the more you will see a difference.

EDIT: What am I saying, it's the opposite, your objects are always one frame behind the simulation, so the debug renderer is one frame ahead

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2013 14:14
Thanks Matty H! and thanks to mrValentine too for help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:19:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:19:59